B&C raises price of neodymium drivers - a lot!

• Members

It's really not pursuing but it did tick me off. They were in stock and Alpha would have made the same profit on those speakers whether I had placed the order on that day or on the day before.

If there's a MAP on B&C speakers there sure are a lot of online retailers who sell below MAP. I just can't find any that are with these particular neo 12's :(

• Members

The neodymium magnets are super powerful and even though they are not attracted to the copper, they still produce eddy currents that buffer the fall as seen in the video. Lenz's Law make a great experiment for kids to adult. Also, great at parties when conversation goes stale.

• Members

It's really not pursuing but it did tick me off. They were in stock and Alpha would have made the same profit on those speakers whether I had placed the order on that day or on the day before.

Not necessarily; it depends on when their cost went up and how long it took them to change the price on the web site. If they forgot to change the price on the web site to reflect their recently elevated costs (which may have applied to their current stock levels), then that certainly could affect their profit margin.

-Dan.

Archived