mixwiz repair question

• Members

I 'lost' one of my aux sends a week or two ago and am taking my MixWiz3 16:2 into the service center.

Two things:

1) I also 'lost' an aux send 2 years ago on the same board. Is there some aux-send specific PCB in the MixWiz, that I might consider replacing as a prophylactic measure, as long as the board is in the shop?

2) Sometimes, when I run the board at a gig or rehearsal I use the mono out signal as a monitor send for my IEM unit (PSM 200), so I can hear the FOH signal instead of the Aux send. I have noticed that I don't get any Mono out signal unless I have both the Mono out fader and the Stereo Right fader of the board 'up'. Is this the way MixWiz's are supposed to work, or do I need to get the Tech to look at the main out section of the board, too?

Thanks, Harry

• Members

There is not an aux PCB in the console, basically the channels each have there own and there is a master section as well. Nothing user servicable by any means.

The Mono fader is most likely "post L/R mix". Means you need the L/R faders up to have any output to the mono fader. This is common with the mono out on boards.

• Members

Thanks for the input, fellas.

I dropped it off at the Tech's shop this afternoon. Nice guy & a nice shop. He put some signal into the board and agreed that the aux send was DOA. I told him the signal had been intermittent one day and gone the next, plus I mentioned that I'd lost an aux channel exactly the same way two years before.

He said he'd give me a call in couple of days. I'll let you know what he says.

HH

Archived