EV zxa1 v.s Bose L1

• Members

Can anyone compare these in terms of sound output level, coverge and sound quality for acoustic instruments (accordion, fiddle) plus digital piano and occasional dj tracks playback?

I have tried the L1 and know how it sounds/how loud it goes

How do u think a pair of ZXa1's plus zxa1-sub would compare?

• Members

Cos I mentioned Bose right? Is the zxa1 set up better in your opinion? I'd love if it is, cos it's certainly more flexible and certainly cheaper. I just wanna get an idea of output level.

I personally find the L1s to be perfect for some applications, and inappropriate for others. There are others here that are beyond passionate about them... positively and negatively.

For the application you want to use them in, they would be a very good solution IF you are looking for ease of setup and portability. And if you feel that this portability is worth the price difference. There are many here who are passionate about this as well. Personally, I think this is something only you can decide.

Volume-wise, I'd say they are plently loud enough for most coffee houses, restaurants, weddings, etc... If you are looking for more, I'd say these are not what you want.

But if you're looking to be able to take them from an accoustic act one day to a rock band the next... these are not what you want.

• Members

Can anyone compare these in terms of sound output level, coverge and sound quality for acoustic instruments (accordion, fiddle) plus digital piano and occasional dj tracks playback?

I have tried the L1 and know how it sounds/how loud it goes

How do u think a pair of ZXa1's plus zxa1-sub would compare?

IMHO, the ZXa's are a better value and will give more punch to your DJ music. I don't hate the bose system, I just think it is awful expensive for what you get.

• Members

I get ear fatigue from the Bose mids. Couple that with the excessive price and I would never recommend them. But as you know there are plaenty of people that love and hate Bose. If you're down the middle - get the EV's.

• Members

IMHO, the ZXa's are a better value and will give more punch to your DJ music. I don't hate the bose system, I just think it is awful expensive for what you get.

Ok, I was going to respond with my own $0.02, but OneEng nailed it.

Last time I was on a stage where the L1 system was used for a rock band, I was underwhelmed. The same system for a small jazz show for a small crowd sounded dandy.

Archived