Bought a trailer, need some help with loading

• Members
I used the non skid strips too' date=' it was self adhesive on a metal ramp, really strong 3M adhesive that never came off. Sold the trailer years ago.[/quote']

The strips make a big difference. I went the first winter without. It was alost treacherous. Once it warned up enough I put them on. Still have probably 3-4 strips worth left from the roll.

• Members
you guys must live in less hostile climates than i do' date=' ive never seen one of those last very long here. if they would stick and stay they would be great[/quote']

Where I am in Canada the hottest to gets is 100F and that's fairly rare, usuallu the hotter days are around 90F.

The coldest it can get is -40F with windchill. Definitely not uncommon.

Like I mentokned, I used spray glue first before I attached the strips. They've stayed on pretty good so far. Huge difference when it's wet or slushy out.

• Members

Also, while I don't have a trailer I have used that anti-slip material many times for many different purposes and making sure the surface is clean (denatured alcohol), dry, and warm at the time of application makes a big difference -- at least on metal. Wood may benefit from a good coat of varnish and/or additional adhesive given its relatively rough surface. Likewise, taking the time to round the corners greatly reduces the likelihood that they will lift which is where the peeling often starts. OK, I'll be quiet now...

Archived