Is my voice good enough to try vocal lessons? (Never had lessons before but enjoy singing) [Beginning of "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran}

Squirrel54

• Members

Hey! So, I'm about to turn 20. When I was 16 and got my first car, I found out I really enjoy singing along while driving and it became a daily habit to sing along with favorite songs while I'm driving. Well, about a year ago, I got into the habit of recording myself when I'm home alone. I utterly hate the sound of my voice right now, but, a neighbor who heard my by mistake said I should go for lessons, so I found this forum here and decided to see what you guys said. I've never had a vocal lesson in my life. Whenever I listen to songs that are too high for me, I just sing them in my own voice until I think it generally sounds the same in my tone.

My range is awful, the part where I say below is about as low as I can get without getting shakey, and the word sky is almost as high as I can get without becoming shakey, flat, or losing my voice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Hey! So, I'm about to turn 20. When I was 16 and got my first car, I found out I really enjoy singing along while driving and it became a daily habit to sing along with favorite songs while I'm driving. Well, about a year ago, I got into the habit of recording myself when I'm home alone. I utterly hate the sound of my voice right now, but, a neighbor who heard my by mistake said I should go for lessons, so I found this forum here and decided to see what you guys said. I've never had a vocal lesson in my life. Whenever I listen to songs that are too high for me, I just sing them in my own voice until I think it generally sounds the same in my tone.

hack clash of clans

My range is awful, the part where I say below is about as low as I can get without getting shakey, and the word sky is almost as high as I can get without becoming shakey, flat, or losing my voice.

Your voice is good, definitely go for singing lessons! biggrin.gif

You kinda sound like the singer od sunrise avenue

• Moderators

With practice and proper instruction and guidance, everyone can benefit from voice lessons. No matter your current ability or what level you're at, there's still much you can learn. The most important thing for you to have is enthusiasm and voice teacher who is not only knowledgeable but patient as well. It could be worth a try.

Archived