Lost a day today.

• Members

I've been diagnosed with Cervical Stenosis and was scheduled to get a shot in my neck between C3 and C4 today at 3:00 in Richmond. The procedure calls for fasting starting at 7:00 in the morning but I was allowed to have 6 ounces of black coffee, one piece of dry toast and one boiled egg if consumed prior to seven. I did this.

Cher, my daughter, and I left for Richmond at 12:30 and arrived to the doctors office around 2:20, signed in, did the paperwork and sat down to wait for the three o'clock appointment. About 2:45 the wind picked up and the skys darkened, within a few minutes the wind was howling and electricity was lost. Waste was hitting the fan. . . . :eek: Turns out a tornado ran down a road about a block away.

Arount 3:15 still with no power, the doctor appeared and said no more procedures would be performed and that their office would contact us to reschedule. Cher and I left to discover most of the traffic lights in down town Richmond were not working. We got home a bit after six.

BTW, we couldn't find a place with power to get something to eat for the first hour of the drive home. :facepalm:

• Members

That sucks. I had a herniated disk a few years ago and the pain was amazing. I ended up with a steroid pack instead of a shot (my choice) and it hasn't bothered me since. They say it will come back someday but I'm hoping that day never comes. I remember being in so much pain that I was losing my sight (everything looking white and washed out) and no matter what position I was in the pain never stopped. Hopefully you get that taken care of soon. Did you have the pain or the numbness?

• Members

Sorry to hear about your neck. 1.5 years ago I had a fusion/plating done on me. C5/C6/C7. It was a real pain in the neck (lol) but I feel like a new man. I can actually feel my right arm and fingers again. It sure is hard to play guitar when you can't hold on to your pick !!

Hope you feel better soon.

Archived