Cold Cold Heart - New recording + arrangement in #56

mbfrancis

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm curious, I've seen you mention it a couple times now, what's the aversion to mentioning alcohol?

I mention it or allude to it in almost *every* effing song. So individually they all work and make sense, but collectively, it feels like a cheap device..."just add alcohol (or drugs) - instant drama and instability!" And maybe some authenticity..."look how hardcore and open I am about stuff."

Dunno, feels like a crutch. There's other stuff to write about. This was my attempt to write about stable, contented marriage and it came out well, but wow it was really really hard to write. smile.png So I keep going back to alcohol...

• Members

I can see that. FWIW, I never thought it was problematic with your songs, then again, to me it just kind of rings true because that's the way it is sometimes. I definitely think setting those goals for ourselves can be good thing. It forces us out of our comfort zone. That's usually a good thing for creativity.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I love the new version - starts up and grabs me in a much more emotional level then the original.

It's melodic. And the lyrics grab me.

production A+

I've never had an alki problem, but this song makes me feel the chill and pain of it and the consequences it brings.

Home run.

Rick

• 1 month later...

Archived