Product review: Simmons DA 50 drum amp review!

twosticks

• Members

Hello all! Will add more to this later on or will answer any questions. Used part of my tax refund to get me a small one room drum amp for my Roland TD-4 kit. I had a tiny Roland cube amp but it couldn't take true stereo of both channels and the bass drum sounded more like slapping two boards together with it. So I looked around on the internet and most all I could find were on sale at Guitar Center (yes I know but they had them in stock where I could try them out in person). At first I was wanting to stay with a Roland Amp, until I saw all the great reviews about the Simmons DA-50 Drum Amp.

So I went and tried it out. IT IS AWESOME!! Just plug in the cables, set the low/mid/high EQ and play! And it thumps well and plays the cymbal sounds great as well. Now, you won't be playing the arenas or even giant halls or over some heavy metal guitars with stacks and stacks of amps, ( Maybe if you get the DA-200 model?) But you can thump a whole average house, small church or the clubhouse at the country club for sure!!! I keep my volume only up about a quarter of the way and made one kit where the bass is a little more light and the rest of the kit has lower pad volume so I don't tick off my wife and I can still play along with my favorite CDs and I can still hear the drums AND my CDs. It's just like when you walk into the music store and try out of the demo kit and amp at the store and can't stop playing!! Here a manufacture's link. I need to go to bed now. But I love this amp!!

Archived