• Members

I am usualy the first to bash Behringer products,but I recently bought 2 EP25s for $300.I debated for a while exactly how to use them and decided I would put them on monitors(4 mixes on 4 Yamaha wedges).I've been using 2 GX3s.The EPs have a higher power rating,and all I can say is it is true.I had more than enough of everything,and even my singer(who NEVER has enough monitor,and likes a little effects in his monitors) asked to bring down his monitor level tonight!!! I know!!! WTF,right? Who on earth would have thunk it? Anyway,monitor world is now a whole nother world(again),and I feel like these are good amps...until they aren't!!! But time will tell.

• Members

behr products, while some are totally just terrible, seem to have a real hit or miss factor. know a sound provider out here running three of the ep4000s and his system is solid, always works, and i dont feel scared to punish it a bit if i need to. i installed an ep 2500 in a venue bridged on subs at four ohms, and its been run by idiots every day for the last three or so years, and keeps on tickin. i dont however like the companies moral approach, i dont like the spec publishing they do which is missleading, and if its got moving parts aka a mixeror eq..i wont touch it.

• Members

I've seen the amps work fine and others not. A band I was working with, using their pa, had to double 18 eliminator subs and had a 2500 bridged mono on each sub. Still couldn't get the thump we needed to keep up with the mains without clipping and going thermal. I brought out a plx 3402 one night, ran 1 sub per channel and it made all the difference. I actually had to turn down the sub out on the crossover a little.

• Members

I am usualy the first to bash Behringer products,but I recently bought 2 EP25s for $300.I debated for a while exactly how to use them and decided I would put them on monitors(4 mixes on 4 Yamaha wedges).I've been using 2 GX3s.The EPs have a higher power rating,and all I can say is it is true.I had more than enough of everything,and even my singer(who NEVER has enough monitor,and likes a little effects in his monitors) asked to bring down his monitor level tonight!!! I know!!! WTF,right? Who on earth would have thunk it? Anyway,monitor world is now a whole nother world(again),and I feel like these are good amps...until they aren't!!! But time will tell.

Are you talking about gain structure or actual power? There's no way for you to tell other than to normalize the gains THEN see how loud one gets over another. I can make one identical speaker sound louder than another simply by changing the internal gain of the amp so that the knob positions are different and most would say that one was louder than the other.

Regarding the comments about how some folks do not care for the brand, frankly I'm tired of the arguments. For newbies and those with low quality/reliability thresholds, it's good choice, for those who need higher quality and reliability it's a terrible choice. Which camp do you fit in?

• Members

Are you talking about EP 2500 which are 450 watts at 8 ohms vs QSC GX3 at 300 watts at 8 ohms? 150 watts usually isn't going to make a huge difference in my personal experience. Where your clipping the GX3 before?

Yes that is what I'm talking about,and yes typically on the singers mix the clip light would flash.Maybe I am crazy as a {censored}house rat,but it seemed like he had more(not saying double or anything)than ever with no clip lights at all.I really wasn't trying to start any {censored} here Andy.I was just saying I was surprized by how well they performed.I'm not in any camp.I got them for a buck fifty each and tried them out on monitors and posted my opinion on them.Thats all.

Archived