Suggestions for small mixer for rental

• Members

My wife suggested that I start renting equipment to folks and she has some good connections to the local wedding planner folks so it doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. I just don't want to be around while the equipment is used because I have other things to do.

Following up on Mark's excellent suggestions that the people renting this stuff are maybe not the most technical folks....

I think that I can get most of a system to where it's color coded and there aren't too many failure points. I write instructions for non-technical folks all the time (and nerfing software for people is part of my life), so that's not an issue. I'm quite used to failure by overestimating peoples' intelligence.

But the mixer I am using for my little rig would be entirely unsuitable for about anyone other than me to use: it's mechanically weak, the rack is deep and the inputs are on the back, and there's too many knobs for most folks, I think. I have powered speakers, and I take his point that running power -and- signal to them is an odd idea for a lot of folks, but I think that I can create a single cable solution or deal with the consequences.

So I need:

small mixer w/ 4-6 xlr,

obvious layout,

mechanically robust,

not stupid expensive,

no wall wart.

I don't mind buying used. Ideally, there will not be that many features to this box: if I could just get 4 xlr in, and 4 knobs that say "louder", that's what I'm looking for.

Or maybe there are some other things that I'd want or am not thinking of? Or maybe I'm not thinking of this correctly? It's hard to step out of my own situation in which a digital mixer would be more fun than headache. So point me to a specific mixer or tell me what I'm going to wich I had thought about.

Archived