Took a day off and ....

• Members

I have been working 7 days a week 12 hrs. a day for the past five weeks to get a very nice order out of my shop. I decidied to take a day off and the wife and I went down to Seaport Village in San Diego and be tourists. We then went over to the Midway aircraft carrier and spent about 2-3 hrs. looking around. It was amazing. On the flight deck there was a sound company setting up for a corporate event later that night. Well I can't pass up talking to sound guys so I walk over and the owner is working with a Yamaha LS9 mixer. When he saw I was interested he took a lot of time (much to the wifes dismay:)) explaining all the features of the board. A really nice guy and a really nice board. For mains he was using PAS RS-2.2WR's (two each side flown vertically on a really cool (read expensive) lift system. I don't remember what the subs were but there two each side with 2-18's ea.. He was running QSC's (not sure what model) to power everything. For me, one of the highlights of the day. It's so nice that you sound pros take the time (if available) to put up with us nimrod hobbiests.

Archived