Me & You - new lyrics

nat whilk II

• Members

I'm some kind of weird contrarian, I guess, but these lyrics just wrote themselves today, on Valentine's Day of all days.  Don't worry, things are fine at home - in fact in a few minutes we're going out for a V-Day splurge:smileyhappy:.

I've got chords and melody for the verses, but not the bridge - need I say this is a very blue mood tune??  I'll post up music when I get the bridge melody & chords worked out - 

Me and You

V1

I know you’re sorry

I’m sorry too

I know you’re not happy

both of us blue

just what are we going to do?

me & you.

V2

how many years now?

where did they go?

I just don’t know how

things got so low

what will be left when we’re through?

me & you.

Bridge

shall I

throw a fit

shout a bit

wave my arms around awhile and

say “I quit!”

or shall I,

hang my head

weep instead

quietly, eventually, just go

back to bed?

lead section

V3

simple question

we’ve got to ask

simple suggestion, if we’re

up to the task

drink up or toss out this old flat home brew

me & you.

nat whilk ii

• Members

Oswlek wrote:

Great!  Other than "both of us blue" which felt a bit too free-form for the rest of the lyric, nothing bothers me in the least.

I agree, except I quite ike the "both of us blue" line (depending on how it fits the music)...

• Members

I like it.  Except, the second to last line doesn't seem to fit with the rest.  It's an entirely different kind of image - which may be the point - and the meter seems a syllable or two too long. While that could be resolved with the music,  I would hear something like

Give it up or work it through

Now, I see that you used the 'through - you' rhyme once already.  Maybe 'Give it up or make it new.'

Or not.

• Members

Thks for the input.

I think I'll keep the "both of us blue" line - sings super easy and alliterates

Yeah, I'm going to drop the "flat" and just go with "old home brew".  The "flat" implies just a dead relationship, but the bridge implies that maybe there's more bad stuff going on than that - 

I'm pretty pumped about the musical side - these lyrics are, to me, good, but the music I'm hoping will be great (with all due humility I say such things:smileyhappy:)

nat whilk ii

Archived