EUPHONIX ARTIST SERIES CONTROL SURFACE

Anderton

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

for that price i would say you could go with the Mackie control and extender. I am not sure how many faders you need. Or... You could go with CM Labs Motormate (i think its about 2600). If you don't care about a touch screen solution, then i recommend Jazzmutant Dexter... I like that solution. I have a Lemur/Dexter that i use quite often. My favorite control surface, but out of mine and your price range is the new SmartAV Tango... But it is something like 8 grand starting price.

Mike

• Members

There really aren't many solutions that are just faders. Most of the solutions are a combination of control surface and then faders or fader extensions. It's hard to find what you are looking for. As I said, if you want non-motorized faders, then you can use the Peavey 1600, but otherwise you have to buy a solution that has fader expanders.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So, even if...

1. I host the EuCon Control App on a MacBook
2. I run the EuCon Workstation App on a PC
3. I run Sonar 8.31 which is EuCon aware
4. All of the above connect to same ethernet switch and see each other

I can only use the MC Pro and Not the Artist series?

I've been under the impression that hosting the control app on the mac is what is necessary.

-Dan

• Members

I don't think it would work. The Eucontrol daemon that runs on the mac and comes with the Artist series supports the Artist Series controllers. I believe you need to run the Eucon aware app and the Eucpontrol on the same machine. Since the Eucontrol for the PC only supports the MC Pro then i do not see how the Artist series could work.

• Members

Well I just got the MC Mix, and it works PERFECTLY with Sonar 8.31 on Windows (hosting the control app on a Mac). Note that Sonar has a EuCon plugin that needs to be downloaded, in addition to the MC Client software from Euphonix.

-Dan

• Members

Here's the steps ...

First I grabbed http://connect.euphonix.com/software/EuControl_v1.3.1.dmg and installed that on my Mac. Reboot Mac.

Next, I grabbed the Euphonix PC client software from http://connect.euphonix.com/software/EuConWS_1_4_1_061166.zip and installed that on my Sonar PC. Reboot the PC.

Then, I downloaded and installed the Sonar EuCon plugin from here https://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=20080104. Reboot PC

Connect the MC Mix, add Windows PC to My Workstation and Attach

Now, from the Sonar help file, it says:

2. In SONAR, use the Options-Controllers/Surfaces command to open the Controllers/Surfaces dialog.

3. Click the Add Controller/Surface button, which opens the Controller/Surface Settings dialog.

4. In the Controller/Surface field of the Controller/Surface Settings dialog, select EuCon Controller.

5. Click OK to close the Controller/Surface Settings dialog.

Everything on the MC Mix works beautifully with Sonar as my DAW

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

New 2.02 firmware adds the capability to assign soft keys to functions that can then control the jog wheel. Now your not limited to the hard coded funcitons of the transport seciton and a few other commands to control the wheel. Additionally, there are sensitivity settings for the wheel too.

Archived