Compact Digital Mixers - Presonus 16.0.2 / etc

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@agedhorse

You said: "This should all sound great over the home theatre speakers with lots of compression too."

I said: "I was planning to put compression on my QSC K10 and not my home theater speakers."

You said: "Again, you misunderstand completely my comments."

As to how I read that, you were being sarcastic. You complain that I don't comprehend what your saying. Well maybe because you post in a lot of ways such as a normal post, a joke and a sarcastic post. I am new to this and you are not helping by posting in a lot of ways. It is hard enough for me to learn these things and it makes it even more difficult to distinguish if your remarks are normal, a joke or a sarcastic post.

And yes, I don't plan on putting the guitars and kids through the home speakers.

Vocals/instruments = QSC K10

Ongeng - I surely do not dismiss your advise. All im doing is exploring things. Of course I would  not rely on your advice alone. I do listen to it but I also listen to someone else's advice. I get as much info as I can before deciding on things. What is wrong with that? If you advise a certain thing yet I hear from a youtube that what you have advised is not consistent with what ive heard, then I question it. Then you reply in your defense why this is so. Then I LEARN from your answer to this. Now I know that using a mic on an acoustic guitar for recording can also give good results BUT it would mean investing on a very expensive mic.

Don't you want to teach me how to fish rather than giving me the fish? Don't shoot me down on this just because I'm trying to look at all the ways on how to fish. ? I listen but I look at all the options as well.

• Members

When you order on line, buying from another country, be aware that generally the manufacturers warranty is void. That means that you will have to pay for repairs out of your own pocket. Also, many service shops will not repair gray market equipment. This is one of the hidden costs of purchasing this way.

When you come to a forum as a guest, one who takes but is not in a position to give back, it is culturally accepted (at least here) that you show respect to those on the forum who are the more senior folks, those who have a track record of giving good, solid advice. IMO, you have come here taking advice with a lack of respect for those who have tried to help. This is a live audio forum, not a karaoke forum and not a Dj forum.

Also, when you visit any new forum, it is skis considered culturally appropriate to understand how the forum works and the nature of the forum membership so that you don't come in behaving inappropriately with your responses. It is plainly clear that you do not understand this forum, and that you don't care to get answers from us that support what you want to hear regardless of the accuracy of the information. This is not a "yes man" forum.

My suggestion is that you find a forum that is a better fit for you. I find your attitude towards me and some of the others here borderline disrespectful, though I suspect that some of this may be due to language/cultural disconnect.

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Come on Joe, we all know that retailer's customer reviews are about as useful as last weeks newspaper. To be crystal clear, and to avoid the appearance of bashing any one brand, this applies to all brands.

Quite right - Thomann pay people 5 euros (as a credit) for each review. So people will just write something to get the credit. I got 45 euros for writing up my experiences with a bunch of products. I took a bit of time and tried to give honest feedback, but at best, this process will generate a load of comments from amateurs. I would never rely on them to work out what to buy. That's why I lurk on this forum.

Archived