Great rehearsal

WynnD

• Members

We had a fun rehearsal tonight. Been a long time since I had that much fun playing. Symphony volume, no monitors and PA in the backline. (And no feedback or noise fatigue.) Also recorded the entire rehearsal with the hopes of putting together a demo from snippets. (Multi-track recording with every singer and instrument on a separate channel.) Let me know if you want to hear the demo results. (Hopefully, that won't take long.)

• Members

Recording gear. Alesis Mulitmix 16 firewire, 2010 MacBook Pro and Cubase Artist 6. Some of you are already aware that I got a Mackie DL1608 for my primary mixer. (Replacing my MixWiz 12:2) I have used the record feature on it for rehearsals. Not great for mixing down, but better than I was expecting for a turn on and let run style. Should come in handy on shows for the same reason. We aren't running the guitar or bass through the PA, but for small clubs everything else will be going through it. (EV ZXA1s and matching subs. Nothing is being pushed. That's so nice.) I'm still going through the recordings and exporting material that works before mixing up a demo. (My idea of a demo is about 5 minutes of recordings that show you can start a song, sing lead and harmony, play solos and end together. Usually about 5 songs will give you enough material to work with.)

Archived