srx 718 covers

• Members

Just got delivery of new covers and they don't fit as they designed them to fit with the open end at the bottom,so the castors prevent the cover slipping on.they should slip on from the grill down so you can still wheel them. What to do now.

• CMS Author

Interesting and a little surprising. I'd contact JBL and ask them what they will do for you. There's no logical use for the covers as they are...if they were intended for an install setup, who would remove the midhighs to put on a cover? For portable use, the casters are a must.

Please keep us posted if you contact them.

• Members

Craig Vecchione wrote:

Interesting and a little surprising. I'd contact JBL and ask them what they will do for you. There's no logical use for the covers as they are...if they were intended for an install setup, who would remove the midhighs to put on a cover? For portable use, the casters are a must.

Please keep us posted if you contact them.

The 718's don't come with castors installed and the covers are designed to work with the stock cab.   I would bet that the vast majority of 718 users don't use castors on a single 18 cab. Apparently you need after market covers if you install castors.  I guess JBL could offer two different covers, one for castors and one for without, but they don't.

• Members

I ordered covers from Musicians Friend for my two cabs but on separate orders.  I got one of each type of cover.  I called them and explained what happened.  Apparently they have the same stock number.  They took my description over the phone checked their stock and sent me the correct one after I returned the wrong one.

Archived