Gold USM V2 humbuckers (pair) PaF style for $65 shipped

ashasha

• Members

SOLD AWAITING PAYMENT

Just like the title says. I pulled these from my US Masters Sportster when I put in a set of TV Jones Classics.

These are in good condition, but like all gold hardware there is a bit of tarnish on the bridge pickup, the neck looks as good as new and they do sound great seperatey or together. I'm not just saying that because I'm kind of no the fence and am thinking about keeping them. Problem is that I hate gold hardware and I just don't have anything to put them in right now.

These are a $100 upgrade option and here is the description from the site:

Humbucker - The V2 is designed to keep the smooth response of a '59 style pickup with an increase in string definition, a bit more bite in the upper mid, a big low end, and high output. The V2 has a very good percussive attack, which we feel is often overlooked, so you can get a good "pop" by picking style when you want it. The V2 can also lay back when you pick soft for a very warm tone without loosing its high end. Furthermore, the V2 reacts with the tone control in a manner most pickups don't. The V2 does not go "dead" with the tone control rolled back. Instead the toned down settings give you a whole set of useful tones.

To my ears they sound nice and open with just a touch of hair on the top end and a little bit of chime to them. I'm not 100% sure about who makes them for US Masters, but the guitar as a whole is one of the best put together pieces of gear I've ever owned and that's including MusicMan, Gibson, Fender, Washburn, etc... I just don't think that they'd cheap out on the pickups and they are not like a lot of the crappy import pickups like the Duncan Design garbage out there. These are the real deal in terms of sound.

The closest pickup I have to them is probably a Duncan 59 which is one of my favorites which probably explains why I like them so much.

Like I said it won't be any skin off my back if they don't sell, I'm sure I'll find something else to put them in one of these days, but I hate having stuff lay around doing nothing.

USM-V2.jpg

The weird reflections are from my ceiling.

Archived