Highway of death - me too, me too!

grumphh

• Members

Thx for the comments :)

Yeah, scandinavian gloom combined with a love for "post apocalyptic trash" movies (i love "the road warrior") can result in this sort of sound collage :D

I do realize that my skills in producing and writing are not the same as yours so i'll briefly describe what i did:

I recorded the JX first to a clicktrack (the weird plings, where the selfoscillation makes sure that there is no comfortable centre of tonality) to set the atmosphere, and then the brassy/orchestral TG (suggesting the full vigor of the american military - "Apocalypse now", Ride of the valkyries, get it? ;) ). Both tracks are more or less completely improvised.

To that i added a piece that i already had made with the DW, which had the right "tragic" feel to it (and i like that haunting "metallic string" sound it has).

After that i played with the volume automation to make these three parts flow smoothly into each other.

I guess that this would be the musical equivalent to the Jackson Pollock "action painting" method - sort of a (more or less) controlled randomness :D

Archived