Broken P120 Power Adaptor costs $70 for a new one

• Members

Now I understand why Yamaha makes these cheap PA-300 plastic external power adaptors. If you step on it it breaks. I have one that just suddenly stopped working without stepping on it.

The cheapest one online is $69.95 ($89.08 list)

What a rip-off!

• Members

The external wall wart on the Yamaha P90/P120 was a surprise to me.

Makes these keyboards more like a home keyboard than a gigging keyboard.

I am still looking where I can put the batteries in so that I can busk with it.

As you can see on my previous post I broke my music rest on a gig. Its only going to cost me $25.00 AUD to replace (ex shipping costs). It will take 4 weeks from Japan.

regards

alby

• Members

The external wall wart on the Yamaha P90/P120 was a surprise to me.

Makes these keyboards more like a home keyboard than a gigging keyboard.

I am still looking where I can put the batteries in so that I can busk with it.

As you can see on my previous post I broke my music rest on a gig. Its only going to cost me $25.00 AUD to replace (ex shipping costs). It will take 4 weeks from Japan.

regards

alby

• Members

Is it really that special? The plug looked quite standard (perhaps a bit on the large side though).

It's easy enough to find a universal adaptor where you can select the voltage and plug. Cost about $10. If the new adapter plug doesn't fit then solder on the old one. That's probably what I'd do.

• Members

You don't need a Yamaha PSU for a Yamaha keyboard. I've never used a Yamaha PSU on one of my PSRs and I use a cheap homebrew PSU on the other for gigs though it did come with the official PSU which I leave at home. As long as it's good quality and meets the spec for voltage and current it doesn't really matter. If the P120 is like PSRs. the voltages are stabilized internally and the speaker driver circuits are good for 25 volts - they're the same as those used for car audio.

Bryan

Archived