Sustain Pedal Problems

• Members

Anyone have this problem? My sustain pedal always slides away and I have to keep bending over to bring it closer again, or tug it back with my foot. I usually sit when I play, and Im talking about where Im playing alot of piano/rhodes sounds, so Im using it all the time. And I mean one those generic sustain pedals that are attached to the board by a quarter inch wire, either shaped like a real pedal or like a square.

Anyone have this problem with sliding sustain pedals? I am a big guy, 6'1" with size 13 feet, so that might be part of my problem.

How have you dealt with it?

• Members

Learning67 -

Long time no post, man! :D

You still doing the latin jazz thing in North Jersey area? I would still like to get to come by to one of your gigs one o' these days. I played at the Westmount CC yesterday (West Paterson, NJ - right off Rte. 46) - holy mother of god, is that place nice. Yet for all the money they've apparently spent on renovations, they can't even tune the friggin' grand piano!

As for the Pedal Slide - I have the exact same problem. I stumbled onto a product that claims to fix the pedal slide -

http://www.creepnomore.com/

...never followed up on it, though.

I did email them, asking if they had a double pedal version - since I use 2 sustain pedals when I play with the full rig of 2 kybds. + 1 module. The president of the "company" (for all we know it's a 1-man operation) emailed me right back, very nice - his name is Ned Spain, email is info@creepnomore.com

:D:cool:

• Members

The Roland pedal I have has a built in flap of rubber that you swing around and place under your foot. I must hinestly say that I used that pedal for many years before I figured that out.

I used to have my pedal mounted on a piece of flat wood as a way to accomplish the same thing.

• Members

Originally posted by davehorne

The Roland pedal I have has a built in flap of rubber that you swing around and place under your foot. I must hinestly say that I used that pedal for many years before I figured that out.

lol That makes two of us. It took me quite a while to figure that out... in fact, I don't think it clicked until someone here said something about it.

Kiru

Archived