Anyone want a Sennheisser e609 blackface mic?

Ryan

• Members

Hey guys,

the newer silver faced e609s are machine wired and have a different frequency response curve according to the sennheiser papers and popular mythology. Many people prefer the black faced version over the silver. I'm not sure if there's anything to the better or worse part of it, but they do sound audibly different on a guitar cab. The black model has less of a harsh treble sound to my ears. They aren't easy to find either. I guess I'm just waiting for someone who is looking for this particular piece of equipment.

thanks,

ryan

• Members

Hey guys,

the newer silver faced e609s are machine wired and have a different frequency response curve according to the sennheiser papers and popular mythology. Many people prefer the black faced version over the silver.

ryan

i think the silver version is just fine. it sounds like an amp should without moving it all over like a 57. i wouldnt say better but a nice compliment to a 57.

• Members

Given a choice, I'd take a black over a silver, but even the black ones - though, yes, harder to find - often appear considerably less than $200 when they do surface. Saw one a year and a bit ago for $125.... just missed out on scooping it.

CT

Archived