SPAM: Blue ANDY for sale

Henway_piano

• Members

I think I'll pull the trigger on this, even though I'll have to put it on credit until I sell the other Andy.

The only thing I'm really worried about is future service on this Andy. Does the Andy have any parts that are prone to failure, like the voice chips on other analog synths? If so, how hard are these parts to source?

I hate being so high-strung, but that's how it is after having two gimpy Andys.

• Members

Originally posted by XorAxAx

I think I'll pull the trigger on this, even though I'll have to put it on credit until I sell the other Andy.

The only thing I'm really worried about is future service on this Andy. Does the Andy have any parts that are prone to failure, like the voice chips on other analog synths? If so, how hard are these parts to source?

I hate being so high-strung, but that's how it is after having two gimpy Andys.

I'll have to let someone with more experience answer the question as to parts reliability/ availability.

This Andy has barely been played, but I know enough about it to say that it's in perfect condition.

• Members

:( :( :(

After talking with my spousal unit and considering the state of our finances, I need to pass on the Andy. We have a bunch of expenses upcoming, including a trip to the in-laws' place in Canada and the property tax bill, which just showed up. I also took my bichon frise in for surgery last week.

Sorry to make such a noise about this. :o I should just wait for my current A6 to come back from the tech. Who knows, maybe it will be 100% reliable then.

So anyway:

Please buy Henway_Piano's Andromeda!

• Members

What's wrong with your current Andromeda?

I think I had read somewhere a while back, that voice chips are about $30 US each. The main board is about $400 US. I might be wrong on this one, as my memory is not that good. I would think that all parts are available for Andromeda as of now, since it's still in production, so I wouldn't worry about parts for another 5 years at least. By that time, there will be Andromedas getting parted out at fleabay.

• Members

I had a couple of threads about it, but I'd have to use the disabled search page to get there. Basically, the current Andy got shipped to me in a big box with waay too little padding. It arrived with major knob wiggle, some nicks, and a fairly worn-looking keybed. I took it apart to fix the knob wiggle. The little metal tabs that hold the encoder tops and bottoms together needed to be bent back into position with a screwdriver and needlenose pliers. The wiggles got fixed, but the Andy refused to boot afterwards. So in prying the encoders around I must have broken something else. So then I sent it in to a respectable tech.

The problem with it is that I don't trust it. What other problems is it going to have?

EDIT: I'm talking about my andromeda. The one for sale in this thread by Henway looks mighty nice.

Archived