P-250 homepage ??

• Members

Welcome to the best dang keyboard forum on the net -

I saw your moniker under the "Welcome to our newest member" and said to myself "how long before he shows up in the keys forum" simply based on your screename...

the big 250 gave it away

and i have no answer to your question

Kiru or rintincop I'm sure will chime in soon enough with a wealth of info

in the meantime - do a search for the P250 and find out lots of good info... just ignore most of the stuff p120duDe says about the P120 beign more superior (he's a bit overzealous)

Justin

• Members

Heh, yeah, I saw ''NORWAY-P-250'' and said to myself, ''Gee, I wonder what piece of gear he/she just bought.'' :D

To be honest, I don't really know of any homepage for the P-250, but you can load any type 0 standard MIDI file that conforms to either the general MIDI or XG standards, and if you use an external sequencer, like a computer, you can send it any general MIDI or XG sequences. So any XG or GM file you find and download can be used, really. I think that there are conversion utilities that'll transform a type 1 file to a type 0 file, and any sequencer program should be able to load either and save to a type 0. I use a crummy old version of Cakewalk that came with an old soundcard for purposes of converting and playing MIDI files. It's great because you can change the playback instruments to match the panel voices, especially the acoustic piano.

Speaking of the panel voices, the manuals oddly forget to provide a list of bank change numbers for them. When I got the instrument, I made up a list which is somewhere on my harddrive... yup, there it is. You can treat the panel voices as an extension of the XG standard (which is basically what they are), and if you have a MIDI file with a piano part, just change the bank and program numbers in the file to match the ones on the list.

I'm sure I have some other tips too but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. :)

Kiru

• Members

just ignore most of the stuff p120duDe says about the P120 beign more superior (he's a bit overzealous)

Yes, in my opinion the p120 kicks the p250's butt.

Dont listen to some of these guys, NORWAY-P-250. Most of these guys are great but some are weird. I have my own opinions, as so does everyone here.

Back on topic, enjoy your new toy.:)

Regards,

p120dUdE

• Members

Originally posted by Kirumamoru

That is what I mean, NORWAY-P-250. This is what I get for saying my opinion. He cannot accept my opinion and makes a joke out of it. Very stupid move.

Anyway, again, enjoy your p-250, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

p120dUdE

• Members

P120dude,

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the P120. It's great that you love your instrument. Ok, here it comes, but.....

Do you have to interrupt every thread about another digital piano (P250, P90, RD700, etc.) talking about the superiority of the P120? Norway-P250 was just asking about resources for the P250, and you started yet again about the P120.

Moderation is in order. You'll have much better response to your opinions if you just chill a bit. Just my 2 cents.

• Members

Originally posted by p120dUdE

That is what I mean, NORWAY-P-250. This is what I get for saying my opinion. He cannot accept my opinion and makes a joke out of it. Very stupid move.

Anyway, again, enjoy your p-250, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

p120dUdE

Very assumptive of you. Kiru might've been snorting for some other reason.:D

• Members

Nah, I was snorting at the p120dUdE. He used to think I was a great guy until I got on the other side of him in a debate over whether the P-120 had a certain feature. He thought it had the resonant string modelling, I knew for a fact it didn't. The argument went on for like four pages before a Yamaha rep stepped in and finally convinced him he was wrong. That was after the whole ''I don't care if he's from Yamaha, I'm right and he's wrong'' bit.

Actually, if you based your P-250 purchase on my posts here, you probably alread knew about that thread. :)

Anyway, he still hasn't had the balls to say ''Sorry I doubted you, Kiru, you were right after all.'' Or even, ''Sorry for being such a hardheaded dick.'' He did apologize to the Yammy rep; I supposed that counts for something, but I suspect he thinks it's important to suck up to him or something. The ironic thing is that a few weeks earlier, he was right and I was wrong about something else... and I was like ''Hey, cool, you were right, I just looked it up and it was right there in the manual.'' I guess he's incapable of aspiring to that level of maturity yet.

The main problem is that he expresses his opinions, more often than not, as facts... and when he debates facts, he tends to get them, well... wrong. So yeah, a few grains of salt are definitely indicated for his posts. ;)

Kiru

• Members

Nah, I was snorting at the p120dUdE. He used to think I was a great guy until I got on the other side of him in a debate over whether the P-120 had a certain feature. He thought it had the resonant string modelling, I knew for a fact it didn't. The argument went on for like four pages before a Yamaha rep stepped in and finally convinced him he was wrong. That was after the whole ''I don't care if he's from Yamaha, I'm right and he's wrong'' bit.

Actually, if you based your P-250 purchase on my posts here, you probably alread knew about that thread.
:)

Anyway, he still hasn't had the balls to say ''Sorry I doubted you, Kiru, you were right after all.'' Or even, ''Sorry for being such a hardheaded dick.'' He did apologize to the Yammy rep; I supposed that counts for something, but I suspect he thinks it's important to suck up to him or something. The ironic thing is that a few weeks earlier, he was right and I was wrong about something else... and I was like ''Hey, cool, you were right, I just looked it up and it was right there in the manual.'' I guess he's incapable of aspiring to that level of maturity yet.

The main problem is that he expresses his opinions, more often than not, as facts... and when he debates facts, he tends to get them, well... wrong. So yeah, a few grains of salt are definitely indicated for his posts.
;)

Kiru

You think I am going to apoligize to you? For what, stating my own opinion and proving somthing. Kiru, if you want an apology from me, forget it.

I am not getting into the string resonance, i know I am right.

Kiru, you are a hardheaded dick, and probably worse. I am never going to apologize to you because there is no reason to. Besides, I would never apologize and respect someone like you. You are going to get zero respect from me.

Regards,

p120dUdE

PS: The p120 has string resonance, period. I am not getting into this again.

• Members

You think I am going to apoligize to you? For what, stating my own opinion and proving somthing. Kiru, if you want an apology from me, forget it.

Kiru, you are a hardheaded dick, and probably worse. I am never going to apologize to you because there is no reason to. Besides, I would never apologize and respect someone like you. You are going to get zero respect from me.

Regards,

p120dUdE

VALUE ADDED = ZERO

It is interesting and perhaps entertaining how the dude has basically disappeared from this forum unless it is to hop into a P250 topic to bash the P250. Yet he has been active over at the Keyboard Mag forum, inserting himself into a multitude of different topics and providing his opinion on a wide variety of different gear. I thought he was only interested in the p120, but he is providing advice on various synths from multiple manufacturers, so I suppose the dude knows his way around all these things. Or not.

Still waiting to hear those MP3s. Ironic that the dude started a topic over at Keyboard Corner asking folks to post their music.

Regards,

Eric

• Members

Dude... you never proved that the P-120 has string resonance. You even conceded that it did not! Your own words are quoted below.

That's weird... because at one point, you knew that you were wrong. Strange how that worked out.

Of course I'm a hard-headed dick, and I certainly don't need your respect. I guess in your mind, where your beloved P-120 is God, you don't have any reason to apologize... though you did at one point apologize to Mike. Were you just lying in order not to tick off a Yamaha employee or something like that?

Well, I'd just like to draw your attention (and the attention of anyone who actually thinks that the p120dUdE's opinion is worth listening to) to the following quote:

Mike and to all other members,

You are all right, the p120 does not have string resonance. Im sorry I have doubted you. I just did the C major chord and it did not ring.

Oman, I wish it had it!!

Please, mike, post some mp3's just so i can make sure.

Regards,

p120dUdE

Enough said on this subject.

Kiru

• Members

"Mike and to all other members,

You are all right, the p120 does not have string resonance. Im sorry I have doubted you. I just did the C major chord and it did not ring.

Oman, I wish it had it!!

Please, mike, post some mp3's just so i can make sure.

Regards,

p120dUdE"

Yes Kiru, but did you not notice my post after that? I clearly stated after i posted the quote above THAT I TESTED IT WRONG AND THE P120 DOES HAVE STRING RESONANCE. I deleted 5 of my posts on that thread, and that was one of them because the quote above was a mistake.

The p120 does have string resonance, period.

Enough of this.

Regards,

p120dUdE

PS: In fact, here is the quote from that thread that i deleted:

QUOTE]Originally posted by p120dUdE

Actually, my post a couple of posts above is wrong.

The p120 DOES have string resonance. I held down C E G, and played a C below, and the C resonated softly, just like it is supposed to. And plus, E and G resonated extremely softly. I tested it wrong before.

I dont care if mike works for Yamaha, he is wrong. The p120 has string resonance.

Regards,

p120dUdE

• Members

duDe -

I am not flaming you by saying this, so don't flame me back...

String resonance as applied to the P250 would mean that by holding down the C, E, and G and pressing the C, you would hear ALL THREE PITCHES! in fact (depending on the level of modeling and sampling) you should be able to faintly hear a Bb if it were held down and a C pressed hard underneath.

Simply hearing a C after pressing a C is the result of the soundboard resonant/ reverb effect, not true string resonance. True string resonance mimics the overtones as heard in the harmonic series not just a single pitch at the octave. And a good sample may even be able to output the overtone at the fifth. This has been seen in many sample libraries that don't even claim to have string resonance.

Read Paul Hindemith's "the Craft of Musical Composition" for a very in depth look at this phenomenon

Justin

• Members

You don't know much about sound, do you? Did you hear an E? How about a G? You sure should have heard a G, at least. Try this. Hold down a G. Play the second C below it, and then release it. Do you hear a softly ringing G? Do you? Can you HONESTLY tell me that you hear a G?

No? Heh heh surprise. No string resonance.

Kiru

• Members

I held down C E G, and played a C below, and the C resonated softly, just like it is supposed to. And plus, E and G resonated extremely softly.

You should have read on. Thats what i Said, The C resonated the loudest, and E and G resonated very very softly.

• Members

You don't know much about
sound
, do you? Did you hear an E? How about a G? You sure should have heard a G, at least. Try this. Hold down a G. Play the
second
C below it, and then release it. Do you hear a softly ringing G? Do you? Can you HONESTLY tell me that you hear a G?

No? Heh heh surprise. No string resonance.

Kiru

Yes Kiru, I hear a G softly ringing.

Regards,

p120dUdE

• Members

OK, you held down the G key... and you pressed it so softly that it didn't sound... and you struck the second C below it... and then released the second C... and you didn't have your foot on the sustain pedal at the time... and you heard a G?

I don't think so.

Kiru

• Members

OK, you held down the G key... and you pressed it so softly that it didn't sound... and you struck the second C below it... and then released the second C... and you didn't have your foot on the sustain pedal at the time... and you heard a G?

I don't think so.

Kiru

O, i think so. I heard the G softly ringing.

• Members

The earth is flat. I tested it and it is a fact.

The sky is green. I also tested this and it is a fact.

The grass is blue. Once again, tested and proven to be a fact.

p120dUdE sounds phasey in mono. Cannot be tested as MP3s do not exist.

Regards,

Eric

• Members

originally posted by p120dUdE

I am done with this thread.

Shucks. I thought we were just getting started. The night is young. It's fun to continue talking about this nonsense ad infinitum.

So the dude has a p120, no wait, make that a special p120. The only one at the Yamaha factory in which one of those assembly line jockeys snuck in the string resonance function.

I can hear those guys in the Yamaha plant now: "Hey, Higashikuni! Check it out man! I'm feeling disgruntled today and the usual 'leave the cheese sandwich in the keyboard chassis' gag is getting old, so I did a little surgery on that P250 right there! During assembly, I was able to extract a string resonance circuit from the P250 and I snuck it into that P120 over there! Can you believe it! Is that not some crazy sh*t or what? I hope they don't have the security cameras on down here! Do you think I would be fired? This batch is destined for shipment to the US and some lucky bastard is going to get a bonus feature on their P120! Time for a smoke break, man! I hope they don't bust me!"

So the real question is, what unlucky bastard got stuck with the P250 with the missing string resonance circuit?

Regards,

Eric

Archived