Piano Lessons $

Treves

• Members

Ok, the piano was finally delivered. I wasn't there, but my wife tells me watching the delivery was a neighborhood event. There was talk of if I would give piano lessons.

Soooooo - how much do you/did you/are you charge(d) for piano lessons?

• Members

Originally posted by ChetSinger

In these parts, it's typically $12 for a 30-minute lesson.

Chet

I don't where the hell Lititz, PA is, dude (as you list your location in your signature) - but here in New Jersey, it's about 35 or 40 bucks for a 1/2 hour lesson, on up!

Then again, this is freakin' New Jersey - 12 bucks can barely get you lunch, unless you go to Taco Bell (which I do, regularly :D) !!

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

I don't where the hell Lititz, PA is, dude (as you list your location in your signature) - but here in New Jersey, it's about 35 or 40 bucks for a 1/2 hour lesson, on up!

Then again, this is freakin' New Jersey - 12 bucks can barely get you lunch, unless you go to Taco Bell (which I do, regularly
:D
) !!

Lititz is a little berg north of Lancaster, which is west of Philly. And no, we don't get paid like you rich New Jersey folks. :D

The rate I quoted is the local "part-time teacher & grade-school student" rate. It's what I paid for my daughter to take lessons. Even here, I'm sure it's higher if the student is more advanced.

Chet

• Members

Originally posted by ChetSinger

Lititz is a little berg north of Lancaster, which is west of Philly. And no, we don't get paid like you rich New Jersey folks.
:D

The rate I quoted is the local "part-time teacher & grade-school student" rate. It's what I paid for my daughter to take lessons. Even here, I'm sure it's higher if the student is more advanced.

Chet

Well, more power to you - it just seems like anything under 30 or 40 bucks is a complete waste of time.

For gigs, I won't even leave my house for less than $150 and that's for cocktail hours - yes, ONE HOUR of playing (of course, that doesn't account for packing, setting up, breaking down, etc...). I do shave it to $125 for the hour if there's a piano there though, I must confess.

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Well, more power to you - it just seems like anything under 30 or 40 bucks is a complete waste of time.

For gigs, I won't even leave my house for less than $150 and that's for cocktail hours - yes, ONE HOUR of playing (of course, that doesn't account for packing, setting up, breaking down, etc...). I do shave it to $125 for the hour if there's a piano there though, I must confess.

I'm glad you can charge decent rates. :cool: Here, it's tough. Most musicians are part-timers because because the pay is low. My brother plays drums in a local cover band. Although he loves it, and they get regular gigs, he's not quitting his day job. :(

Chet

Archived