Vintage Ampeg 9X10 for sale

Furfu0008

• Members

looks like you guys are uneducated :).

Ampeg made 9x10's under the "V-9 SVT" series name.

they were supposed to accompany the V-9 300w tube head with the slightly different voiced preamp for guitar as opposed to bass use.

I never quite understood why the 9x10 cabinets were ported while 8x10's were not, looking at their supposed applications.

I've always wanted one of those, and an Acoustic Corp. 4x15.

so where are you located, seller?

• Members

They were made when Selmer/Magnavox owned Ampeg, from 1975-1980. They were designed for guitar and keyboards. The matching head had reverb. Supposedly the V9 head is the tone to die for. I once had a V9 cabinet (each speaker had an impedance of 5.3 ohms so the whole cabinet would be rated as 4 ohms). However they were too wide for most doors, so I had to turn it sideways and drag it in. I got stupid some years ago and traded it off for something smaller. Wish I had the thing back.

• Members

They were made when Selmer/Magnavox owned Ampeg, from 1975-1980. They were designed for guitar and keyboards. The matching head had reverb. Supposedly the V9 head is the tone to die for. I once had a V9 cabinet (each speaker had an impedance of 5.3 ohms so the whole cabinet would be rated as 4 ohms). However they were too wide for most doors, so I had to turn it sideways and drag it in. I got stupid some years ago and traded it off for something smaller. Wish I had the thing back.

the V9 sounds pretty fancy, but I trust the pre-Magnavox design on the old SVTs more than I trust the Magnavox changes that took place. my SVT's one of the real early blackline Magnavox before they got the chance to {censored} stuff up, but I'd still prefer a blueline over this or a V9.

regardless, if I could justify this purchase I most definitely would. like all other sources are saying, someone needs to buy this.

• 6 months later...

Archived