Mesa/ Boogie 400+ For Sale

Crowns

• Members

Selling this to buy a guitar amp, it will come with a 6 space rack case. I will ship but would prefer local pickup in houston because the amp with the case is almost 90 pounds.

Great sounding amp....500 watts at 2 ohms, 2, 4 and 8 ohm output, i'm sure everyone is familiar with this amp. Tubes were replaced a couple of months ago.

Make me an offer.

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

• Members

I have an Ampeg V-4B that I would be willing to trade. It's the same signal path as the guitar version (Ampeg V-4) and has two master volumes with separate inputs (which i've found useful in the past). Shoot me a PM or reply and I can grab pictures.

I was unable to find your location, but local trade would be cool if you are in my area, other wise shipping could work as well. I'm in Rochester, NY but willing to drive.

• Members

I have an Ampeg V-4B that I would be willing to trade. It's the same signal path as the guitar version (Ampeg V-4) and has two master volumes with separate inputs (which i've found useful in the past). Shoot me a PM or reply and I can grab pictures.

I was unable to find your location, but local trade would be cool if you are in my area, other wise shipping could work as well. I'm in Rochester, NY but willing to drive.

I'm in Houston, TX send some pictures my way, i'll do some research. I've been looking for a v4 for guitar lately so I need to see if this will work.

• Members

I'm in Houston, TX send some pictures my way, i'll do some research. I've been looking for a v4 for guitar lately so I need to see if this will work.

Here's a link to some pictures;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21916455@N03/sets/72157614107525161/

They were a little too big to put on here. (Excuse the camera- it apparently decided to have focus issues today)

Details on the V-4B:

It's a 70s make. Serial No. 732306-1. It's been maintained by local amp tech and custom amp manufacturer John Nau (Nau Engineering - http://web.mac.com/tom.hedrick/iWeb/Nau/Welcome.html). The original black labeling on the front was gone when I purchased it. The knobs are (from left to right) Volume 1, Volume 2, Treble, Mid, and Bass.

It was experiencing (as is common with these amps) problems with its original 7027 power tubes, so John recommended it be modded to 6550s - a much more reliable, cheaper, and robust tube. Also, the typical 2 prong power cable was exchanged for the modern 3 prongs.

Since the modding and the once over by John after I got it, it's been running great. My band used it recently in the studio to record guitar and bass (I can get clips if you like).

I have the original purchase receipts (bought it originally in crap condition from a local GC, but thanks to a lot of love it works great again), all maintenance receipts, some of the original preamp tubes (2 failed - so I replace them all) and 3 of the original power tubes (1 also failed).

Archived