Hot Pbass FS/T

iplayanesp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

i have another one with a geddy neck like that. i was told this was a geddy neck, the guy i got both of them from loved the geddy necks and modded both of these basses. he said it was an old geddy neck, im not 100% sure but i can tell you this neck is an amazing jazz neck. it even has a slight flame to the maple

• Members

maybe you should take pictures of the back of the headstock, thats usually where theres a signature. perhaps older necks are different, im just going by what ive seen man, not calling you a liar or anything.

this one doesnt have a signature. the other one does. and its cool. i dont want to tell you something and you receive something diffrent. it might not be a Geddy neck but i thought it was. i will switch the neck and put the geddy sig on this one if you want to buy it.

• Members

I know, I was just trying to find where the neck was made. Duff brought up the fact that it may not be a Geddy neck, so the serial number on the headstock (or lower part of the neck if it's MIJ, CIJ) will give a good hint as to what exactly the neck is. The bodies on these I don't know. this one definetly looks like Fiesta Red, but the switching (knobs) seem odd for a P/J combo. The other bass seems odd as well, they may just be highly modded Fender bodies, but think anyone buying for this type of money may want a picture of the neck pocket. Beautiful looking bass as well as the other P bass he has up here but the bodies realistically could be plywood from Korea. I would just like a little more history on this.

• Members

what happend to the pics? did you sell it?

no but i didnt want to advertise it as something it wasnt and i just felt bad. it had the j pick up slot routed(not done by fender) and I dont know if it was mia, according to this thread its not a geddy lee neck, etc(these are things i didnt know before i posted the thread)

the bass is amazing, i love it, but i dont know what its worth.

• Members

no but i didnt want to advertise it as something it wasnt and i just felt bad. it had the j pick up slot routed(not done by fender) and I dont know if it was mia, according to this thread its not a geddy lee neck, etc(these are things i didnt know before i posted the thread)

the bass is amazing, i love it, but i dont know what its worth.

are the frets painted/stained or inlayed

• Members

hmm? like the actually fret? its not a fretless its a got frets. not painted or anything.

the fret markers, if i'm not misstaken, if they're painted/stained on then the neck is a vintage modern squier jazz neck with a fender waterslide decale on instead.

Archived