Autechre Gantz Graf Video grafics!

tangerine

• Members

When I saw Autechres Gantz Graf on Mtv I was blown away by the grafics that moved by the music!

Is it any program that let you run music through it and a grafical figure starts to move and twist?

And how do I do it with this program if it exists?

I want a program that lets you play music through it and let you choose colours and structures for the moving grafic.

I want to make my own music videos.

PLEASE is it any easy way to do this?

• Members

the video chaos pad will let you do visual effects in time with the music very easily.

I think to look good it would have to be done by hand. I remember reading that the autechre thing was a something really complicated to realise.

• Members

You could half-ass it and use a program VJ type thing that goes along to your music, but the only REAL way to get it done isn't nearly as easy. It takes a hell of a lot of know-how about 3D rendering programs, video editing and video effects to get that done.

I've seen the video, and it wasn't easy to make, I'll tell you that. someone spent a few thousand hours doing that one...

if you really have your heart set on that sort of thing, you could look for a good VJ with visual options, or if you want to get into making it yourself... your best best is "finding" programs like MAYA, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects or even Vegas Video (for pc) for "cheap". not sure about good 3D rendering for PC's though. it's also a hell of a lot of work (although FCP is really REALLY easy).

If you liked Gantz Graf, check out the video for "Second Bad Vibel" by Chris Cunningham. Neither the band or Chris liked it, but I think it's really interesting, and is acctually responsible for getting me into Autechre.

• Members

Originally posted by tangerine

When I saw Autechres Gantz Graf on Mtv I was blown away by the grafics that moved by the music!

Is it any program that let you run music through it and a grafical figure starts to move and twist?

No and yes. First of all, you need to figure out whether it just should move on music, or on a certain frequency range, or whatnot. Second, you'll have to define how it's oging to move and twist.

And how do I do it with this program if it exists?

I'm sure that if you can afford it, it's in the manual ;).

I want a program that lets you play music through it and let you choose colours and structures for the moving grafic.

Try the Milkdrop, Geiss and R4 Winamp plugins.

I want to make my own music videos.

PLEASE is it any easy way to do this?

It's just not easy, that's what it boils down to. Music videos for the masses either consist of pre-rendered clips you can layer, or a simple geometric shape that moves on the output of a frequency range.

Archived