Two Lines Music has a bunch of cool stuff!

• Members

I just checked their website and they have lots more in now than they did last time I checked.

They have a Yamaha cs-30, and a CS-80!!

Bunch of Moog stuff...

A Korg Mono/Poly!! (Toorglick, I saw that one coming:) )

I'm heading up there on Saturday or possibly tomorrow if I can steal more time from work before someome buys up this good stuff... I want to play with it before it's gone! AHHHH

• Members

Make sure you dig into the Yammie CSs, especially the CS 80 if they let you. No synth will sound quite as good after you play a real CS 80. (although I have to say the Arturia VSTi is probably the best VA emulator I've heard in this respect).

Ask them WTF is up with that Yamaha CS-10 they keep putting on Ebay. Tell them if they had it for a $100 BIN some guy upstate would buy it in a heartbeat.

Have fun! Wish I were going with you.

• Members

Yeah, that CS80 is gonna be a treat, granted some focker doesn't buy it up in the next 3 days :p

I actually want to play with all the Moogs - as I've never even touched a real Moog before and it will give me a better understanding about why I'd want such-and-such particular synth.

Dude, where are you from? I'm driving down and messing with the typical NY bull{censored} traffic just to play in a vintage keys store for tops 45 minutes!! you know they'll kick me out after a period of time, even though I called them so many times stating I'd be there to demo a bunch of synths....

• Members

They are, they're rediculous.

I was saying though, I'll use this experience as a starting point. i'll demo a bunch of the synths and see what I wind up liking. My ears always fool me, so that's why I'm no longer gonna say "Have to have a MOOG!!". You never know; there are quite a few options up there and I may find the unexpected to be what strikes my interest. I'm lucky at least to have a place like that somewhat close by.

• Members

if you are looking to demo stuff. take a dip downtown while you are in the city to east village music. No, they wont have a mini or a CS-80, but they always get cool stuff. The store has bit more of a neighborhood feel than the others in town, they wont kick you off the gear that quickly.

I know Im an obnoxious jazz nazi on this board sometimes, but I love vintage synths and NYC is where I live. Dont disregard my posts here dude.

• Members

Yeah, that's cool - I'm gonna check out all of those places.

The only thing that's cool about Two Lines right now, is that I've called numerous times in the past and talked to the same guy who is getting to know me as the "hey I'm from CT and trying to find a day to come down" guy. So he's pretty cool with it and said I'm welcome to come down and play with whatever I like. He said try to avoid saturday if at all possible because it's obviously tourist day, but that;s really my only availability. Either way, I will report back to the forum when I demo the gear. Believe it or not, I'm actually quite excited!

Archived