FS: Epiphone Limited Ed. Ripper reissue

Muddslide

• Members

This bass is in great shape. Epiphone reissued the Ripper bass in the late 90s for a couple of years. Those original reissues had a single pickup which I think is the same one Epi uses on their Thunderbird basses. Then, from 2006-2008 they reissued the Ripper again with a P/J pickup configuration.

No longer in production, the L.E. Ripper is quite a different animal from the original Gibson Rippers. Bolt-on neck, different pickups, but it is a great bass in its own right.

This bass is really fat and has a great low end but also good definition; not muddy. Good P/J tonal variety. Sounds fatter than a lot of P/J basses, I think because the pickups are a little closer to the neck than they are on Fenders and Fender-style basses.

Most of these were natural finished. the black is more rare. I believe the body is maple, which mitigates the low end with some brightness.

Very cool instrument, solid as a rock and not something you see every day. A nice change of pace from the ocean of Ps and Js out there.

I am not really interested in trades at this time, and would prefer to find a local seller (Portland, Oregon area.) I might consider a trade for a decent, fairly high-wattage combo amp or something, but am not interested in any other basses or guitars or gear at this time.

Asking $300--you pay shipping. Will entertain offers. Thanks for looking!

RipperFullBack2.jpg

RipperFullBack1.jpg

RipperBod31.jpg

RipperBod1.jpg

RipperHead2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived