Arrrgh!!! ION is back to $799!

• Members

Just learned a tough lesson... I had been spying on an Alesis Ion B-stock at AMS for a blowout price of $599. I was planning on buying this Friday on EZ pay when I got my next check. As of 1:30pm they are all gone. I should've just plunked down the money when I had the chance.

Well looks like I'm back on the watch. No unless the price dramtically changes there's no new VA this month. :mad:

• Members

wheresgrant - sorry dude, I think I snagged one of the last B-stock Ions from AMS :D I've been looking at the Ion for a while myself, and that B-stock price was just too good to pass up, considering it is fully warranteed and will probably end up going straight back to Alesis Tech Support to have knobs replaced anyway. I figured if it was probably going back to the bench anyway that they could fix anything else wrong with it at the time... The only other board I've ever had to send into anyone was my Quadrasynth (when I had it upgraded to be a "Plus Piano" model) and they were awesome so I will vouch for Alesis' tech support in that regard. Then again, that was many years (and a couple of owners) ago, so hopefully that level of service hasn't changed...

If you aren't too skittish about such things, there are a few folks (dealers) still selling B-stock Ions (with full mfg. warranty) on eBay for the $599 price as of this morning. Get 'em while they're hot...

Hope you find another one at that price - sorry for beating ya to it at AMS...

Thanks!

bax

• Members

No pro dude congrats!;)

I just waited too long. I've bought several products from AMS and they have an unbeatable financing plan. Because I am paying this with gig funds... the $599 at $199 per month was the only way to go on this one... I will not pay $799 or even $699 at this point... just on principle.:mad: $600 was my budget and I'm sticking to it.

Alesis loss... I'll just end up buying a MicroKorg. It's small, it will do the job and I'll be happy. :cool:

• Members

Yeah, most of my last year+ of gear purchases has been done with the EZ Pay from AMS. I used to shop at Zzounds almost exclusively, but even though it takes longer for AMS to actually stock newer stuff they will continue to get my $$$ because of that payment option. I think a lot of musicians take advantage of that for the "cash flow" aspect of it ;)

As far as the microKorg - I hear it's pretty good sound-wise, but the keys pretty much suck. I have a microKontrol, and the keys really do suck...I really only use it for data entry at this point and I'm kinda thinking about dumping it for one of the Novation ReMOTE boards. But the portability factor of the microKorg might make up for the lack of great keys and you can just use another board to control it when you need it for real. Anyway, whatever you decide, I hope you have fun with it!

Thanks!

bax

• Members

Originally posted by midi

I think Zzounds and AMS are the same company, i've ordered gear from each and they seem to be shipped from the same New Jersey address....only AMS seems to have the EZ pay 'tho....

Not the same company... but they ship from the same distributor.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Kirumamoru

Dugman, just call them up and ask if they'll still give you the price. Tell them you know they can afford it and you'll take their business elsewhere if they don't.
:)

Kiru

Kiru -

I think it is actually dugman who snatched the deal away from Grant... :p

BTW, Grant -

Did you know that AMS and Victor's House of Music are in fact the same company - or rather, two branches or divisions of the same organization?

• Members

Yeah, I'm the one who (I think) got the last one (B-stock) from AMS. Turns out that it was a return, was sent back to Alesis and reconditioned and has no more problems with the aux outs, knobs or any of the other stuff the first gens had issues with. Coincidentally, I was just screwing around with it showing it off to a friend a few minutes ago...

*Love* the board, and IMHO it is still worth $799 even if you had to pay that much for it. I'm just happy I didn't have to (and sorry 'bout that again, wheresgrant) :D

Thanks!

bax

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Kiru -

I think it is actually dugman who snatched the deal away from Grant...
:p

BTW, Grant -

Did you know that AMS and Victor's House of Music are in fact the same company - or rather, two branches or divisions of the same organization?

Really?!?!?!? I didn't know that? What about ZZounds> They ship from the same warehouse in NJ?

I think I'm getting both my EON and Micron this week from AMS. $1099 on a 5-way pay.

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

Really?!?!?!? I didn't know that? What about ZZounds> They ship from the same warehouse in NJ?

I think I'm getting both my EON and Micron this week from AMS. $1099 on a 5-way pay.

Yeah, it kind of threw me too - when I first found out about the Victors/AMS connection.

BTW -

DEFINITELY get the protective carry bag for the EON. Even though it's about 50 clams, still worth it - when you pay a small fortune for a speaker, you want to keep it protected, when schlepping in and out of gigs and your home and your car and your rehearsal space, etc... !! :D

Although my bags for my EONs are starting to wear already in certain spots (where little posts protrude from under the speaker's body), after only 2 years - kinda pisses me off that a 50 dollar bag would only last that long. :mad:

• Members

The only problem with those payment plans is they hit you up for MAP price when you buy it using that payment method. I guess you can't have it both ways. Sometimes that's the only way you can buy something that costs that much. I got a LOW interest rate CC, have been trying to get the lowest price I can find, and then charge it to my card. I just cover the payments myself. With a low interest rate, I come out ahead.

An ION and a JBL EON. Nice setup Grant. :)

Mike T.

Archived