Not Electronic Piano Advice....Exactly

• Members

Hey There Sports Fans!

After going through the AGONIZING process of settling upon an electronic piano (the Kawai MP9300 in case anyone cares), I now have to get a replacement set of headphones to practice with.

Since I seem to remember folks saying that part of getting the maximal experience out of the keyboard you use had to do with the monitors/speakers/headphones you use, I'm now sweating that decision...but without the energy to spend hours searching for embedded comments.

Can someone please throw out a good recommendation for quality headphones that will not make my piano sound worse than it is and not make my head ache before I am ready to stop practicing?

My budget limit is about $150. I remember hearing someone mention the name Sennheiser, and a local store is offering the HD-280 for $99. (HD-212 is $49, 202 is $29). My old ones are Sony Professional MDR-7506s that some music store guy threw in with my 10 year old Korg. They are thrashed. Please help. :cool:

Oh and PS to rintincop: I am still planning to take your advice and get the Quik-lok stand you recommended for the P250, unless you think it won't work for the Kawai. Please let me know if that is not advised. Thnx.

• Members

1. QuikLok roks!

Good stands, they last - I've got 2 QLoks that I've gigged with steadily for about 18 yrs. or so.

2. Headphones

I have the SONY MDR-7502's - love 'em. Lightweight, feel good, sound good - can't go wrong.

Archived