Looks nice!!! Opinions-Carvin KB1010?

wheresgrant3

• Members

I'm not in the market for an amp right now... but down the road I may cahnge my setup.

Has anyone used this Carvin Amp before? Unfortunately it's mono, but it does have some very cool features. My guitarist has used Carvin for years and swears by them. I love the monitor design. It looks very cool!

Power: 2ohms: 500/500w, 4ohms: 350/350w, 8ohms: 225/225w Bridged: 4ohms: 1000w, 8ohms: 700w

• Members

It works great.... it's just a bear to lug to gigs. 61lbs and the size of a midget... well ok, sorry, little person.:D

Eventually I'd like to drop the mixer/powered pa for a keyboard amp proper. I saw this on the Carvin size and liked the features. No one seems to use one though. :confused:

• Members

Hmm -

Unless you pop for a really good keyboard amp (Motion Sound, Barbetta) you are better off with a pwrd. PA speaker, one from the "big leagues" though - a la JBL EON15 G2, Mackie SRM450, etc... ha ha

But if your Samson works, use it! Just lift some weights to be able to carry to your gigs.

:D

• Members

The carvin is really nice sounding and if you have another unpowered monitor hanging around, it will become stereo. However, if you are tired of carrying the samson, you're really gonna hate this thing!! It weighs a ton and is a little unweildy. The best all around key amp is still the motion sound s200. IT's light and sounds excellent. The carvin may have just a little more bass in it but there is still plenty in the motion sound.

Archived