Just got home from the Friday gig...

wheresgrant3

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

4:30... ugh! Nice. I have to be up in 6 hours. Tommorow at 2pm I'm playing acoustic at a wine tasting party, and then tommorow night it's another band gig!

Not complaining though.... I really need the money!
:cool:

Man, you too?!

My wife and I just got back from my gig at the Syracuse Dinosaur. I will be playing with the blues band again tmw evening at 8pm at some swing dance... hooray:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by tucktronix

Man, you too?!

My wife and I just got back from my gig at the Syracuse Dinosaur. I will be playing with the blues band again tmw evening at 8pm at some swing dance... hooray:rolleyes:

The Dinosaur!!!! The best BBQ ribs in the Northeast! That's a fun gig. I've been there many times. And the Armory bars as well. Do you guys gig at the Rochester Dinosaur as well?

• Members

The Dinosaur!!!! The best BBQ ribs in the Northeast! That's a fun gig. I've been there many times. And the Armory bars as well. Do you guys gig at the Rochester Dinosaur as well?

Yep. We play there a lot. Also, we're there every 1st Tues of each month.

• Members

Just got home from Saturday night gig... total take from all three gigs $410.

I need sleep.

Duuuude!!

I remember those days - ha ha!

Grant -

You gotta hook yourself up with a wedding band (they're always in need of a good keys man), at least part-time: you'll improve your chops (although I can't remember - are you primarily a gtr. player, but picked up keys and have grown into it?) and you'll make that kind of money in 2 gigs instead of 4 - actually in one gig (just about), if you do a cocktail hour and perhaps a ceremony as well...

Only thing is you gotta wear a tuxedo, which isn't the most comfortable of gig attire - but you still get to watch the honeys out on the dance floor + believe me, some of them dress to kill at these weddings - equal to or rivalling the "bar skank" look - is the wedding dress "look what I got hangin' all out for the world to see" look... :D

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Duuuude!!

I remember those days - ha ha!

Grant -

You gotta hook yourself up with a wedding band (they're always in need of a good keys man), at least part-time: you'll improve your chops (although I can't remember - are you primarily a gtr. player, but picked up keys and have grown into it?) and you'll make that kind of money in 2 gigs instead of 4 - actually in one gig (just about), if you do a cocktail hour and perhaps a ceremony as well...

Only thing is you gotta wear a tuxedo, which isn't the most comfortable of gig attire - but you still get to watch the honeys out on the dance floor + believe me, some of them dress to kill at these weddings - equal to or rivalling the "bar skank" look - is the wedding dress "look what I got hangin' all out for the world to see" look...
:D

Gigger!!! That would be my ultimate goal. Unfortunately I am just the guitar player who got sucked (very willingly) into handling keys. Wedding material is a little out of my range, however one can only practice and dream. I've been playing bar and club gigs steadily for 8 years now... I think I just another 3-4 years left in me. The next progression would be weddings and some $$$$. So I have to just practice and dream right? :D

Funny... when I was 25 my dream was to get "signed" and tour the world.

Now at 35, I dream of making fast cash in a wedding band. Go figure. ;)

• Members

Here are a couple of pics from the weekend...

Friday night....DCP04109.JPG

(I'm the 'big' guy on the right)

PICT0037.JPG

Way on the far left... huddled in the corner.

And finally my new, decadant "big room" setup with the new MS2000 I bought from Jigg. 67fbc645.jpg. With the added setup time I think it will probably be just for special events. :D

• Members

Grant -

Cool!

On the rt. hand side of that pic, it looks like you have your Triton Le down below and the Roland XP-30 up above it. On the left it looks like the aforementioned MS2000 up above - but what 'board is below it?

BTW -

Very impressive rig for a guitarist that was "sucked into" playing keys... d'oh! :D

Archived