Dig. Piano Shootout: P90/P120 vs. FP2 vs. SP88

GigMan

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

PC88 is a fine instrument and according to PrePal (which lists "average" street prices for used gear) - that is a GREAT deal -

http://www.prepal.com/data/Kurzweil.htm

...jump on it while you can.

It is big + heavy, though - so if you're going to buy it and leave it in the house/apartment, you're (shes') ok. Otherwise, you may want to look for something lighter as I am doing.

:D

Thanks man for the suggestion. I should've said that earlier, but somehow I lost my password.

OK, the weight is not a problem. But the keyboard is already 6 years old. And I've got an impression that Kurzweil keyboards' build is not that reliable. So how many years should I expect from it? Also I know that PC88 is the one of highend gigs when it was released in 1995, but hell, 10 years is quite a long time in the digital world. So how does it compare to some of the now mid ranged gigs, like Yam P90? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by lovebeta

OK, the weight is not a problem. But the keyboard is already 6 years old. And I've got an impression that Kurzweil keyboards' build is not that reliable. So how many years should I expect from it? Also I know that PC88 is the one of highend gigs when it was released in 1995, but hell, 10 years is quite a long time in the digital world. So how does it compare to some of the now mid ranged gigs, like Yam P90?
:confused:

The P-90, and the P-120 with its built-in speakers, are both fine instruments. However, you will not find one for $450.

Kiru

• Members

Originally posted by Kirumamoru

The P-90, and the P-120 with its built-in speakers, are both fine instruments. However, you will not find one for $450.

Kiru

Yeah, I know. I mean, money aside...:cool:

Actually there's another used SP88 for roughly the same price, only 2 years old. Which one should I go for then?

beta

• Members

Originally posted by lovebeta

Yeah, I know. I mean, money aside...
:cool:

Actually there's another used SP88 for roughly the same price, only 2 years old. Which one should I go for then?

beta

Kurzweil SP88 is a much more limited instrument than the Kurz. PC88.

Friend of mine still uses a PC88 for band gigs - probably a 10yr. old keyboard. I use a 10 yr. old keyboard (Ensoniq KS32). Just 'cause the thing is 10 yrs. old doesn't mean it's about to break down. Especially if you're going to leave it at home, not gig with it. Gigging takes its toll on gear: in and out of the house, in and out of the gig venues, every - single - time...

Archived