Which VA would you choose as a controller??

ExplodingBoy

• Members

Originally posted by ExplodingBoy

So here's what I've decided. For now, I'm just going to get a Roland A-70 for the FS1R. I may be getting one WITH the JV expansion voices for around $350.

Wow, A-70 expanded with anything for $350 is a major steal in my book. The keyboard action rules and the midi-capabilities won't leave you dry either. Grab that one!

• Members

"So here's what I've decided. For now, I'm just going to get a Roland A-70 for the FS1R. I may be getting one WITH the JV expansion voices for around $350.

That will leave me with about $650 for a seperate VA. I think things will be easier this way PLUS I'll have the rompler voices (acoustic pianos etc) from that A-70 expansion. This kind of covers all my bases. I'll have sampled sounds, a super powerful FM synth AND then money left over to get a VA of some sort. Maybe I could get a Micron and spend the other $250 or 300 on my MBox or some accessories."

Good call. The A-70 is a tank. Not only that but then you will have a keyboard per synthesis unit, which is great.

But I would get something with knobs if you're going to get a VA. You are already knobless. Half the fun of programming a VA is with the real time knobs.

Archived