Anyone recognize this synth... clip included

wheresgrant3

• Members

About 15 years ago I heard this clip for the very first time and I was blown away. Not by the expressive guitar playing but from the rich, pad-like choirs filling up the background. Although they may seem dated now, back then all I wanted to do was emulate that sound. For a little background, the clip was recorded in the Fall of 1988. It's actually a little known guitar instrumental written by Exterme's guitarist Nuno Benttencort. He wrote, orchestrated and produced the entire clip himself.

Heaven's Gate

At first I thought it was a Korg M1, but it could be any number of synths (or combos) to get that sound. Im pretty confident that presets were used since Nuno received credit for playing synths on the track but no one was credited for programming. I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea of the synths that made the backing track to help clear up this mystery for me. ;)

• Members

nuno was my favorite back in the day (like.. when i was 13? :)) -- i even got his signature guitar. still have it. ive thought about getting rid of it since i really never play it anymore. it holds too much sentimental value to sell it for the $350 or so that its worth (if that much).

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

god, he put out a whole album full of that {censored}? ughh, that's the type of stuff that gives guitarists a bad name...

synths sound nice though.

And this is the type of post that makes others think synthesists are elitist. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

god, he put out a whole album full of that {censored}? ughh, that's the type of stuff that gives guitarists a bad name...

synths sound nice though.

Actually it's far worse... this is just an instrumental clip off their (Extreme)debut album. The rest of the disc is full of the worst 80's, big hair, tight spandex, glam metal imaginable. :D

After that, they sobered up and started writing a little more mature music. ;)

Archived