• Members

Hey all,

I'm beginning to search out grad schools and was wonderig if any of you have any thoughts or recomendations on where to look? At the moment I'm in contact with professors at Univ. of Arizona, Northern Arizona, and North Dakota and have emails of to Univ. of Wyoming and Kansas State. I'm taking lessons with the local college band director who is a phenomenal euphonium/tuba player to help me prepare for auditions.

The main things I'm looking for are a real tuba instructor, an anticipated open TA postition for next year, and no GRE test.

Thanks for any advice and help.:thu:

• Members

Yes, looking at tuba performance, but am open to conducting as well. I've heard lots about the studio at Tenessee Tech and Morris, but I'm hoping to stay west of the Mississippi if I can. If plans go right, I'm heading to Flagstaff in a couple of weeks to visit the campus at NAU and get a lesson with Prof. Carichner and then I'll be in Tucson in January for their honor band (taking two of my students to attend) so I'll go ahead and audition there at that time.

At this time I'm also looking at Colo. State and Kansas State so we'll see how my auditions go.

• Members

I dig boulder (did the 90s in boulder)

the great thing about the "20 miles...surrounded by reality" is boulderites say that! -- ie it's usually the college sophomore that gets wrapped up in the crunchy "PRB" stuff

[Wife went undergrad through PhD there, I was working in the technology sector]

I mean, it has a crunchy side and it also is home to "Soldier of Fortune" magazine

Archived