God.... Please help me!

wheresgrant3

• Members

I just pulled the trigger on a Yamaha EX7 loaded w/ 128 mb sample ram.

Between the POD XT Live, Micron, a Jackson guitar and the EX7 I have spent close to $1800 on new and used gear since Friday.

To balance it out I have sold my DW8000 for $225, Ibanez guitar for $250 and a Marshall guitar cab for $250. This weekend I should make $250 with gigs and in March I should make $620. As they say in show business, "Gigs, please don't fail me now!" ;)

Ah hell,... at least the rent is paid!

• Members

Yup... but I had them planned out for several months. I just got a nice bonus check from work and decided to take out an "advance" on my future earnings. :D

I will have some decent cash coming from gigs and I'm doing an respecatble job at eliminating equipment I don't use much. Hopefully no 'emergencies come up between now and April else I'm screwed.

I swear after this EX7 I done buying new equipment until the Triton Extreme this summer. ;)

• Members

So... you went ahead and did the do...

You won't regret it, Grant. You'll have lots of fun with the EX. I'm still having too much fun with mine.

I'm planning on getting a Korg CX3 to replace my Hammond XB2. Already, several keys are broken. Those synth keys are just not built for Hammond playing. Lately, I've been using the EX7 for the organ and I originally was not planning on using the EX for gigs.

• Members

I recently got an EX-5 myself. They're one of the most unique little packages I've come across. May not be the best workstation on the block anymore, but as far as sounds go they can hold their own, and in a few cases totally kill, against the Trifantomotif. You should be very happy.

I didn't realize they could be upgraded to 128 though? I was always told the OS could not reference more than ~64mb of internal at once.

Congrats!

• Members

Originally posted by urbanscallywag

Wow, that sounds expensive. I think you can get a second hand 24 channel Mackie 8 bus here for around about $900.
:eek:

It sounds expensive because the dollar's kinda low ;). It was a special offer, 999 euro, and now there are 3 of 'm left... the original price would've been 1198 euros or $1,560.

The 8-bus goes for 2999 euros here, new.

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw7_mackie_gm2482_prodinfo.html

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

I just pulled the trigger on a Yamaha EX7 loaded w/ 128 mb sample ram.

Better start looking for the ASIB1 SCSI adapter and the Flash RAM upgrade. Half (or maybe more like 3/4) the fun of the EX series is using the large sample sets available on EX5Tech and AMPFEA.

And yes, the EX can only use 64MB of sample RAM.

Congrats on the purchase! Another EX-er in the fold... :D

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

weren't you the guy that had all his purchases planned out for the next few months? i thought that plan was pretty good...

:D ha ! - I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I will give you credit, though Grant - you certainly seem to use what you have, sell what you don't + buy other stuff to use, not to let it sit around...

:cool:

• Members

Congrats! You WILL NOT resent getting the EX man. I miss mine more than ever and actually find myself checking ebay more than once a week. :) I thought I could be without it, but it was honestly the best all in one type synth I've ever played.

Not only does it have great samples, but you can make it sound totally unique with FDSP and AN mixed in. Some of the FDSP pads I used to create were just mindblowing.

Archived