YAMAHA EX7 In stock? WHAAAT???

FearMeWithMyLP

• Members

Originally posted by Korgamaha

They came out w the EX5 in 1998 but not as powerful go here:

No, actually the EX5 is much more powerful.

Don't remember the exact data, just remember that it has an extra kind of synthesis or something. And I believe it has more polyphony, as well as more types of inputs for controllers.

• Members

I don't recall every detail but the main difference is the lack of VL synthesis and the AN+FDSP mode. Personally the VL is a HUGE thing for me, but other than that they're somewhat evenly matched. Minus the extra 15 keys of course.

• Members

Originally posted by breakfast

what do you use VL for? I've personally never used it before
:eek:

Welcome to the forums! I hope your stay is is A-Oakie.

VL is a method of synthesis that can create extremely realistic emulations of acoustic instruments, particularly bowed and plucked strings, and wind instruments (shakuhachi, flute, what have you).

Personally my favorite use of VL besides just straight emulations is to mix in VL elements with AWM/ROM string samples. The VL emulations of string and bow noise, breath noise, etc, can bring stale digital samples from lifeless to positively vibrant.

Overall I give VL an A+, would play again.

• Members

Originally posted by SushiFugu

I don't recall every detail but the main difference is the lack of VL synthesis and the AN+FDSP mode. Personally the VL is a HUGE thing for me, but other than that they're somewhat evenly matched. Minus the extra 15 keys of course.

Yeah, this is correct.

The EX5 basically has everything; there's nothing the 7 can do that the 5 can't.

And I believe the rack version has the same limitations as the 7.

Do you have an EX?

• Members

Originally posted by noisestudios

Yeah, this is correct.

The EX5 basically has everything; there's nothing the 7 can do that the 5 can't.

And I believe the rack version has the same limitations as the 7.

Do you have an EX?

Me? I have an EX5 :D

According to the manual the EX5 and EX5R have matching DSP chipsets, and both appear to have the same features software wise (VL, etc).

• Members

Originally posted by SushiFugu

Me? I have an EX5
:D

According to the manual the EX5 and EX5R have matching DSP chipsets, and both appear to have the same features software wise (VL, etc).

Cool, I have an EX5 too.

I didn't realize the 5R had the same features as the regular 5. I thought they had the power of the 7.

Archived