YAMAHA EX7 In stock? WHAAAT???

FearMeWithMyLP

• Members

:D

I paid a third of that for the EX5 (76 keys). But it makes me feel good inside to know that people would pay $1500 for this board. :cool::D

The one in the picture looks black, but the EX series is all blue......? :confused:

Could they really still be in stock? Maybe Yamaha had some sitting around and sold them to MF?

• Members

Notice the QY-700 is back in stock too!!

What could it mean? FS1r's in stock next week :)

Maybe Yamaha made another production run of some of their classics just cause they knew people would buy it.

Hey maybe the idea all along was to discontinue these things early and make demand build for them. :D

• Members

Well, I guess all they need to do is go ahead and re-release the DX7 and sell another 16,000 or so units so they can fund the R&D for the replacement of the Motif series...

Who knows, maybe if Korg had decided to re-release the MS-20 and the 01W and put that extra revenue to good use then we could be looking forward to a new OASYS that didn't cost more than my first three cars put together :)

(Rushing to put on Irish-flame-retardant suit) :p:D:):cool:;)

That was a joke, for those of you who don't get the smilies or dripping sarcasm up there, OK?

Thanks!

bax

• Members

Look how beautiful that thing is. Even without a direct computer interface it still makes about the best softsynth controller ever made-

Looks REAL good in black.

I remember once some whispers of a EX mLan card at EXtech. Maybe it wasnt so far fetched after all. Imagine what it would be like to have this with the mLan- suddenly all of the orginal problems with the synth would dissapear, such as sampling limitations and sequencer timing.

Crazy...

• Members

Originally posted by Korgamaha

Also is an EX7 really worth $1499? That sounds like the original price in 1998.......

I think the 76 key version is worth that much, since it also has slightly better synth features.

But as a 61 key board it is slightly overpriced. Maybe $1200 would be more suitable.

• Members

those prices would be good if the reissue EX had:

1. stock 16MB Flash RAM.

2. fast SCSI, or better yet, ability to use cheap media cards used for cameras.

3. expanded DSP so there would be no restrictions on what synth engine could be used with another.

4. faster main processor so sequencer would be ok.

and I gotta say, those Tritons in black look killer to me!

cheers,

aeon

• Members

Originally posted by Korgamaha

On a side note, there are also some black versions avail of the Korg Triton Extreme & LE on the Japan website:

Anyone know if avail here in US?

While the picture of the Le looks black I noticed that when you click on the link below it changes back to it's original silver. I find this puzzling anyone care to comment, and has anyone ever seen a black Triton Le whether in real life or from pics or videos of performing artistes or in studios.

• Members

Musician's Friend is famous for that...up until about a year ago, they had a K2000 V3listed for $ 2395.00. It didn't disappear off of their page until the K2661 showed up for the same price. I had even called to make them a more reasonable offer on it and they said it was new and that was the "new" price. You could buy 'em on Ebay and elsewhere for around $ 500.00.

Hilarious. Is that "virgin" shipping tape from the factory really worth it ?

• Members

I'm looking for an EX7... but not for $1500K

It's probably NOS. New Old Stock.

Nice to know there are some pristine ones still left

Those silly box movers at MF.

If anyone wants to sell me theirs, send me a PM. I just sold my MS2000B and I have $500 burning a hole in my pocket. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

If they were NOS they'd be blue...

very curious.

Unless they were sold into other markets... remember the silver ones sold into Asia. Maybe these were sold in South America... it's just a guess.

I still think these are leftovers from 2001-02. When was the last production run?... I would consider buying one new with a full and some select feature upgrades warranty for $1000. It's hard to believe that they wouldn't chop the price down. Although look at Korg with their Triton series.... a 76key Extreme loaded, is $2499... a 76 key Studio is still $2699. :rolleyes:

• Members

It is a leftover, i contacted Yamaha US and got this response:

You are correct, we have discontinued production of this keyboard. It is normal for a dealer to still have inventory left over after we've discontinued a model; especially if it was a popular keyboard such as the EX7. The unit originally retailed for $2200.

Damn, i needed a Blue keyboard! :D

Archived