Ibanez AXF74 (RARE!) hollowbody

thriftyshirt

• Members

This is a very rare Ibanez AXF75 full hollowbody electric. This model was a part of the "Artcore" line, and these got extremely high reviews, including a top honor from Guitar One magazine, but for some reason Ibanez stopped making these after 9 months.

This one is all original, and a great player. It is the "bad back" players dream as it is EXTREMELY light weight (5-6 lbs) due to its small full hollow body.

Other than minor playing wear, this guitar has 2 small issues. First it is missing its switch tip for the pickup selector. I lost the tip off another guitar and took the tip off this one to replace it. The tip is a standard Gibson size and is a $3 replacement. Second minor issue is that the 22nd fret has been removed. The fret was never seated properly, and I simply removed it, since this guitar has no cutaway, and it was uncomfortable to play up that high on it anyway. It wouldn't be hard to replace it if you wanted to, frankly I never missed it.

The guitar will ship with (inside) a TKL universal bass case. I don't know that Ibanez ever made a hard case for this guitar, and due to its unique shape, a standard guitar case just won't fit. It will also be double boxed and very securely packaged and shipped via FedEx with insurance.

Here is an ebay auction for one of these (one of only 2 of others of these models I've ever seen anywhere) that ended at $399 plus shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-AXF74-Small-Archtop-Guitar-Extremely-Rare_W0QQitemZ200059317286QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33043QQcmdZViewItem

Pics:

PIC_0043.jpg

PIC_0040.jpg

PIC_0041.jpg

PIC_0042.jpg

I'd like$320 shipped in the ConUSA. PM or email thriftyshirt AT yahoo.com

Not really looking for trades right now, but let me know if you've got a tele with a humbucker or an Edwards LP custom.

• Members

I'll give you a bump, I want to sell mine so I am curious to see how you do
;)

I've only ever seen 2 of these anywhere before (not counting the one they reviewed in Guitar One), and both were on Ebay.

One sold for $550+shipping ( :eek: ) and the other is the ebay link from December where it sold for $400.

they're awesome guitars, I'm just not digging hollowbody sounds recently.

:thu:

Archived