Fender Special Edition MIM strat

jmb7183

• Members

I'm putting the feelers out there now while I put this back to stock...

This is an '03 Special Edition strat of some kind. I'm a bass player and have no idea what made it special. The original config is SSS with a gold guard. It will be put back to this condition today, but I will include the guard shown in the photos should you like to mod it again. It does come with the trem arm.

If anyone has any idea what exact model and special edition this is, please let me know via PM. Thanks!

I'm going to ask $400 to start with the HSC, extra guard and a brand new set of D'Addario 10's on there.

DSCF0837.jpg

Another pickguard that looks great on this guitar...but is NOT INCLUDED in the sale...

DSCF0831.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

DSCF0813.jpg

• Members

Interested in any trades? I have a MIM Fender strat body (deep burgandy metallic) with USA pickups and electronics), white pearloid guard, aged knobs and pickup covers, MIJ 62 RI rosewood neck/fretboard with vintage kluson tuners, vintage tinted neck, and new HS case.......I can get pix for ya tomorrow.....

Sent ya a PM too......

• Members
:thu:

BTW, I had one of these (regretably sold it last year...) with the gold anodized pickguard and tex mex pickups.....paid $400 for it; was one of a batch of 250 Fender made for some brick and mortar stores........NICE guitar......e-mail Fender customer service with the seriall number and they can tell ya all about it......

• Members

I gotta see some pics of the gold guard & and 3 S-S-S configuration.... honestly, looks like a $80 Vietnam Squier to me how it is in the pics above.

....I may be interested though.

I have owned one of these and it is a VERY NICE guitar.....it indeed had the gold annodized pickguard and 3 TEXMEX pickups; wish I had never sold it!!! There was a black one too made that had that same pickguard and SSH configuration......

• Members

New pictures are up...the one pic with the gold guard is only the guard laying on top of the tort guard that is installed currently, not fully installed. The tort guard IS NOT INCLUDED!! Please make note.

Answers to questions...

destroyed...quite possibly...my Dakota is lacking a good system at the moment.

Dr. Scottie C - think what you want...it's a MIM special edition Fender. Now go bug someone else if you're not interested.

semi - I'm not into parting this out...sorry!

woody...we've gone back and forth on this guitar for awhile...will you just hurry up, sell yours and buy this one already! ;)

Thanks ransom...

• Members
New pictures are up...the one pic with the gold guard is only the guard laying on top of the tort guard that is installed currently, not fully installed. The tort guard IS NOT INCLUDED!! Please make note.

Answers to questions...

Dr. Scottie C - think what you want...it's a MIM special edition Fender. Now go bug someone else if you're not interested.

QUOTE]

??? Damn dog, you must of quit your job and do professional pickguard swapping for a living now? That poor guitar is on it's 3rd pickguard this week.
I am very well aware of what model of strat it is. "Thinking what I want" was not is this truly a special edition MIM strat? But rather, why did someone ruin a perfectly good guitar with that industrial black pickguard deal that was going on earlier.

All kidding aside, I may be interested.... I'll let you know.

• Members
??? Damn dog, you must of quit your job and do professional pickguard swapping for a living now? That poor guitar is on it's 3rd pickguard this week.

I am very well aware of what model of strat it is. "Thinking what I want" was not is this truly a special edition MIM strat? But rather, why did someone ruin a perfectly good guitar with that industrial black pickguard deal that was going on earlier.

All kidding aside, I may be interested.... I'll let you know.

Hey...I'm a web designer, I work from home and have a lot of time on my hands! ;)

As far as the mods...I wondered that myself when I got it. I like the original look just fine. And the humbucker that was in there was from an old Ibanez...not the greatest pickup IMO.

Archived