suggestion explosion

• Members

ok. ingorant newbie keyboard question. which keyboard has the best basic tones for the money? i do not care at all if the thing makes good sax sounds. i do not care if it has a full color touch screen. i want realistic piano sounds, rhodes, hammond, basic, useable rock and roll tones and some touch sensitivity to boot. so, baby, can you help me out? thanks!

• Members

There is no single best keyboard soundwise. Just as there is no single best acoustic piano nor organ nor hapsichord. Is all subjective. For pianos, some prefer uprights, some prefer grands. Many top makers of each kind. With many diff soundingianos for each kind.

For budget romplers with pro level sound. The Korg x5d remains a frequent pro fave for string voices. Personally I prefer the Alesis QS6.2 for all around fave rompler. Only $600 thru internet stores. Others will say something else is their fave or better. Is all a matter of personal preferances sound wise. And of each players ability to tweak this and that sound to best for them.

Only really good advice I can give is decide to use your own ears (take a pair of nice headphones) at a store where you can listen to and play around with several diff synths. I suggest useing nice headphones so you can hearwhat the synth sounds like rather then listening to lot more coloring caused by whatever amp & speaker it might be plugged into. Plusthat lets you listen at several stores so as to try ore brands & models with same sound monitors.

• Members

thanks for the replies. i'll definitely check out that alesis, and the headphones suggestion is a great idea. i do realize that it's all subjective, and i definitely realize that modern workstations are superior. i just want a simple, great sounding setup for less than $1000. that alesis might be right up my alley. in a related field though, are there modules that have better sounds than the stock alesis ones? are there ones that are renowned for their patches for piano etc? i am completely ignorant. thanks again.

Archived