FT: Yamaha SE1203

Bengal

• Members

Not sure what year this is, not too much info out on these guitars. Metallic Red with Gold hardware. 22 fret bound ebony fretboard. 3 single coils. 1 volume and 2 tones and a toggle switch that "dampens" the singles and makes them more humbucker-ish. 5 way switch. Not sure what kind of trem it is, it's big and it's gold. But it stays in tune good. Neckthrough, you can tell the neck is 5 pieces. Made in Taiwan I'm guessing in the late 80's or early 90's. It has a small dent on the top but is in excellent condition. Comes with a HSC.

Looking for MIJ Jacksons/Charvels. Kramers. BC Riches. Shred-type guitars.

DSCF0998.jpg

DSCF0999.jpg

DSCF1000.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

• Members

Ub,

You had the purple one, right? I remember a purple one.

It's a nice guitar, I'm just not a single in the bridge guy. But I wouldn't mind keeping it if no one steps up. They are somewhat rare.

Thanks man!

• Members

Alvin,

The strings go through the back of the trem and those huge gold rectangles with the bolt in the top come down on the strings and lock them in. Very interesting trem, no doubt. It plays like a non-recessed Floyd even though it's recessed. Frets are medium. Not jumbo but not thin either.

VH5150,

I'm looking to trade but I'll think up a price and pm you or something like that. I'm thinking around $350-400 shipped. Depending on where the person lives.

I was playing it over my lunch break. The tone it has unplugged is quite good. The tone once plugged in is quite good too.

• Members

To answer a few questions.

Guitar doesn't have to be a shredder. I'm a guitar whore so I might like whatever you have.

Yes I like ESP/LTD.

The case might be original, can't tell really. But the guitar fits perfectly in there.

I do have the trem bar.

Archived