i must look like a terrorist

• Members

$20 ain't bad, but the shipping from Hong Kong would kill me.

However...

My college has some battered old trumpets in the basement. Maybe I should do a pink lacquer job on one of them!
:D

thats an awesome idea.

:evil:

when i actually finish my degree and am teaching i think ill get some total crap instruments and use them as "punishment"/negative reinforcement to get the kids to practice:idea: whomever gets last chair after challenges gets the pink one. as a reward there will be an good instrument to play on. the first chair gets silver:D then back to regular horns for the rest of the week

• Members

thats an awesome idea.

:evil:

when i actually finish my degree and am teaching i think ill get some total crap instruments and use them as "punishment"/negative reinforcement to get the kids to practice:idea: whomever gets last chair after challenges gets the pink one. as a reward there will be an good instrument to play on. the first chair gets silver:D then back to regular horns for the rest of the week

hahahahaha

No offence, but that sounds like the fast track to 'hated band director'. Please Mr. Matos, don't be that guy! The force is strong with you! Don't take the easy path to the dark side!

• Members

hahahahaha

No offence, but that sounds like the fast track to 'hated band director'. Please Mr. Matos, don't be that guy! The force is strong with you! Don't take the easy path to the dark side!

hey if im gonna have to be there at 5:30am to rehearse with the marching band they are gonna hate me anyway (I'm not a morning person) so i might as well have some fun while being hated:D

• Members

Not if you want a half-assed band!

they gotta rehearse to not suck ill find out other ways of motivating them even if that includes required pieces to play for me in order to prove they practiced it. that could just be grading their talent or lack there of. maybe ill just have their parents log their practice time and report to me.

i still like the crap horn idea though:D

• Members

they gotta rehearse to not suck ill find out other ways of motivating them even if that includes required pieces to play for me in order to prove they practiced it. that could just be grading their talent or lack there of. maybe ill just have their parents log their practice time and report to me.

i still like the crap horn idea though:D

Dude, being a band Nazi isn't gonna make your band good. Go to any district competition, and you'll be able to tell which bands have good directors and it won't be because they treated the kids like crap. You can't force someone to be motivated, especially high school students! If you want to motivate your students, instead of punishing them you should take the kids that don't sit high and give them private lessons when possible. It'll help them a lot more than just rehearsals.

• Members

Dude, being a band Nazi isn't gonna make your band good. Go to any district competition, and you'll be able to tell which bands have good directors and it won't be because they treated the kids like crap. You can't force someone to be motivated, especially high school students! If you want to motivate your students, instead of punishing them you should take the kids that don't sit high and give them private lessons when possible. It'll help them a lot more than just rehearsals.

yeah but that would not make me any less irritable in the morning. ill figure something out. i have a about 5 years before i actually get to be "supreme ruler of the band nerds" ;) but i wont be a total asshole just a jerk with a since of humor :thu: with the local schools it is probably gonna be crappy instruments for all but i think crappy pastel instruments for people whom offend me are a good idea:D

Archived