Details on how to use the Microsoft Live Search Cashback program for buying here

gearaholic

• Members

Jim...in Live Search...use the search word "Bogner"..this is the trick that Matt showed me...

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=bogner&go=&form=QBLH

You should be able to see the "Cashback" symbol on this link...but maybe not because I logged in under my Live.com address...but we'll see when I post...as it shows up in the preview.

Then in the ebay search, put what you are looking for...then choose the Buy it now...the next screen should indicate the cashback savings.

• Members

Dr. Scottie...man it is...I've used 2 of my 3 "genie rubs" so far and saved a bundle on some things I was pondering. I know that you're pretty respected on here, maybe you can help explain. I don't care if the necessarily buy my things, but everyone on here could use it wisely...this appears to be a once in a gear lifetime opportunity for us gearheads.

Maybe we can raise some awareness today somehow...

• Members
  • Members

OK - I guess I'm just plain stupid over here...

I go to Live.com -- click on 'sign in' -- get signed in...(I did already register for the cashback thing)...

Then it brings me to the Live search cashback page...

I search for "Swann pci" --because I want to buy another security camera pci card...

It brings up some results, then I click on "web" right under the search box.

The top link is an ebay link with the cashback symbol and the statement about saving 25%...I click that link...then I'm transferred to eBay...

I scroll down the page till I see the item I want to buy - it's $83.24.

I click on the item and click Buy It Now.

I enter the quantity that I want to buy and click continue...

I'm then taken to the page where I'll make my final confirmation.

I *NEVER* see anything about a 25% discount.

Am I doing something wrong??

• Members

Jim...nope you're not just plain stupid...the Swann PCI does not give you the cashback information?...I just tried it also. But I entered "Bogner" into the live search like I did before...and it brought up the first thread like to Ebay with the cashback logo...then in the Ebay search, I pulled up the Swann auction..but it didn't offer it on that auction...but if you go back and hit the first BIN auction in Bogner...which is a road case...it does pull up the logo.

I guess there are some exceptions...

• Members

When they first started it you could use it for three separate transactions. Not sure if they changed it or not.

Also, it only applies to the price of the item. It does not apply to the shipping charges. I contacted one seller and asked them to raise the buy it now price to include shipping. The did it for me, no problem.

A coworker of mine noticed that a person had two different auctions and he wanted both of the items so he asked the seller to combine both items into one action. That way it would only count as one use of the promotion. The seller was happy to oblige.

Archived