FS....Zion Radicaster...Metal Marble finish

uberthrall

• Members

I'm really hating to do it,but I'm putting up my Zion Radicaster. I'm selling it because of a couple reasons. First off I found an Ibby US Custom Graphic on another board, and secondly I just got laid off today after 3 years on the job.......yup,it sucks. Moving this will kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I'll be able to grab the Ibby and also have some cash left over for real life stuff.

This guitar will absolutely annihillate just about any other boutique superstrat out there. New these go for 2K+......if you're able to find one. This one here is from the Ken Hoover era. Ken had to sell the company due to health issues a number of years ago. The post buyout Zions are considered to be great guitars,but somewhat less consistent than the ones from the Hoover era.

As for the specs, it's got an Eastern hardrock maple neck with an ebony board.....nice oiled neck too. The body is either Alder or Basswood, the bridge is a really nice Schaller Floyd Rose. Pickups are stock EMGs....an 81 in the bridge and two SAa in the middle and neck positions. The three mini toggles are on/off switches for the individual pups.....the bridge mini toggle is a 3 way.....on/off/splitcoil. There are a crapload of great tones that can be had with this arrangement.

This was obviously someone's main guitar. From what I've gathered Zion intentionally uses alot fewer coats during the finish process....for tonal reasons. Seems like a plausible reason to me. Because of this, as is fairly common with these there's some wear in the finish....mostly on the back. The front has a few small chips here and there,but nothing that bad. The tuners were replaced with Gotohs,and the locking nut is a replacement as well. Though not a museum piece, this is just a spectacular playing and sounding guitar,that I'd put up against anything in it's genre.

$850 gets this shipped,Insured,and Paypaled to anywhere in the CONUS or Canada with a case. I'll ship overseas,but it'll be $925.

zionradicasterkg3.jpg

zion2hx7.jpg

zion2032wz1.jpg

zion2031pv7.jpg

• Members

i can't believe you still have this.

I know.....tell me about it!!:facepalm: I think alot of it....besides the economy, has to do with people not knowing what this really is. This thing is a real monster. I'm starting to consider pulling it back and putting up the RG-550 I got instead.

• Members

Ok,I sold my other one so I'm kind of on the fence about letting go of this one,but I'm gonna leave it up for now. If anyone's wanting this one,now's the time to shoot me an offer.

Since I sold the other one, I'd be willing to consider any trade/cash type of deals too.

Archived