EMU E4 Keyboard?

mmm

• Members

Hi there!

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this keyboard?

I got an offer to buy a 64voice model (think it was 64, might be 128 voice),with 32meg ram and no HD for about 200 USD.

Is this a good offer?

Kind regards, mmm

• Members

ram wiull cost no more than $25.

compatible scsi hardrive should be abot $10-$50

this ram is easy to find. just do a emu sampler search on e-bay. you willl see may sellers selling ram. and hard drives.

that is a grat price. do not pass it up. you could flip it on e-bay, and make $200

here is a link to a page with brand new ram/ and a liberal return policy

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Legacy-Mac-DIMMs-SIMMs/

you would need 72 pin simm, almost any willl work

• Members

Thanks a million for the replies.

I think I will buy it, if nothing else than to have an EMU sampler:)

Its also a 76key midiboard, so I think its gonna be a great addition to the rig;)

I`ll be on the lookout for some ram and a 9 GB drive then!

Thanks again, mmm

• Members

aside from having the EOS series sound, with z-plane filters and mod matrix etc ;

its a first class master keyboard controller. it does splits layers. controls 16 internal or external MIDI channels. Keybed is fantastic with long black keys. semi-weighted similar to K5000 !! No Yamaha FS crap.

i'd get that for $200 without thinking..

and yes, RAM and HD can all be found later..

• Members

I have an Emu E6400 Ultra which sounds amazing, and 200$ is rather cheap, but as far as my search went, addons for the Emu samplers are going for very high prices, so I'd suggest that you make a little search before, for prices and availabily and what are the expantion possibilities for the machine, other wise you'll get stuck with 32MB of ram which is really nothing these days. BTW, how did you intend to use samples ? you know that with no HD installed you'll need to load sample from floopies any time you boot the machine up...

• Members

Originally posted by clusterchord

aside from having the EOS series sound, with z-plane filters and mod matrix etc ;

its a first class master keyboard controller. it does splits layers. controls 16 internal or external MIDI channels. Keybed is fantastic with long black keys. semi-weighted similar to K5000 !! No Yamaha FS crap.

i'd get that for $200 without thinking.

+1.

Even if you never expand it and actually use the sampling and synthesis features, you still have a monster of a controller, and a damn fine deal at that.

Grab it! :D

RAM and drives for that can be found for small coin.

cheers,

aeon

Archived