FS Flame guitar with Performance neck/EVO/Kahler Pro

uberthrall

• Members

I got one here that doesn't come along every day. The first thing that makes this one really cool is the Performance of North Hollywood neck. If you were into guitar in the 80's,you'll remember Vai's several Performance guitars that he played pretty much all the time before he signed with Ibanez. I had a buddy of mine out in Ohio assemble this one for me. One of the things I had him do was to take the gloss off the back of the neck. It's really smooth and satiny now.

The pickup is an F spaced EVO. I also had an onboard preamp put in this. It's activated via a push/pull knob. The bridge is a brand new Kahler Pro. This thing here just totally screams and plays really smooth and easy. I'm not really killing myself trying to move it.......if it doesn't go,I'll be glad to keep it. The only issue aside from a couple minor chip here and there is a crack between the two knobs. It's no big deal.....never bothered me for a second,but I wanted to mention it anyway. Also,I wanna mention that I didn't have the headstock painted to match the body,because I couldn't bring myself to obliterate the Performance decal. Stupid I know,but there you go.:wave:

I'd like to get $650 shipped/insured/and paypaled to anywhere in the CONUS or Canada. I'll ship overseas,but it'll be $700.

flame570s017fa5.jpg

flame570s016la7.jpg

flame570s018av7.jpg

flame004eg0.jpg

• Members

what is the body made out of?

I'm not too good at identifying various wood types by the color or grain etc., but the body is pretty lightweight and the color of the wood itself is pretty light.

If I had gun against my head, I'd probably say either Alder or Basswood. Maybe Ash.......though I don't know if that's a lightweight woodtype though. I have to step out for a couple of hours, if you want you can PM me your email and I'll send you some pics I have of it before it was assembled.

• Members

anyone that thinks this is ugly just doesn't appreciate Vai, or is too young to remember him with DLR and needs to youtube Going Crazy by David Lee Roth. It's not exactly the same, but Vai had a few...and that is where the inspiration came from....but it is pretty ugly, and yes I am the one that took it. lol.

• Members
anyone that thinks this is ugly just doesn't appreciate Vai, or is too young to remember him with DLR and needs to youtube Going Crazy by David Lee Roth. It's not exactly the same, but Vai had a few...and that is where the inspiration came from....but it is pretty ugly, and yes I am the one that took it. lol.

Haha.....yep, it is indeed ugly, but so weren't alot of things from the 80's I guess. :eek:

Thanks for everything D........I'll be in touch real soon.:thu:

Archived